Hedging Solutions is responsible for the calculation of the risk profile of several portfolios of guaranteed investment products and the subsequent neutralization of the risks in the financial markets. With one small team, we oversee both ‘run’ and ‘change’ related to hedging in NN Re. We calculate and execute the hedge adjustments, adapt valuation and sensitivity models, check and cleanse inputs, collaborate with (market) data providers and business units, report and explain the financial results and hedge effectiveness and run and adjust the proprietary Atlantis system. Recently we started the migration of Atlantis to Azure cloud. Hedging Solutions applies the Agile WoW! (Way of Working).
Your added value as Hedging Specialist at NNRE
With the Hedging Solutions team we currently have an opening for a Hedging Specialist. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and executing our hedging processes. Using our state-of-the-art, in-house build system you determine the risk profile of the reinsured guaranteed investment books. You compare these risks with the existing (hedge) asset positions and will often need to adjust these positions to optimize the hedge. The main hedge instruments are Equity Futures, FX Forwards, Interest Rate Swaps as well as FX and Equity Options. Given the significant financial impact of the hedging process, you are very diligent and vigilant in execution and control. You are also eager to apply your process improvement and quantitative skills to continuous improvement of the hedging process. You are a professional that accepts responsibility and is a team player.
The objectives on the agenda
As a specialist in your field of expertise, you like to achieve good results:
- Prepare and execute the daily hedging process, report the results and explain the movements
- Support stakeholders and data providers, monitor and improve data quality and other controls
- Analyze and improve the data architecture, proactively look for process improvements
As an experienced professional, you strive for continuous development. We offer extensive development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. We offer you:
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Centre.
- A comprehensive network of national and international professionals.
- Industry specific conferences (both in the Netherlands and across the border).
NN Re is the Reinsurance and Hedging company of NN Group. Within a dynamic organization of around 60 people from almost 25 different counties, it offers the best of both worlds: exposure to large and complex financial solutions, but within a small, start-up alike company. In its capacity of the internal reinsurance entity of NN Group, NN Re supports sister-companies and Head Office by mitigating insurance and market risks. Within NN Re, part of the absorbed risks also need to be mitigated. This can be done by further reinsurance (retro-session) or through other mitigating techniques like hedging.Click on the link below to meet your new colleagues and hear them share some of their experiences:
We make our financial services relevant and more personal. You help us go above and beyond when providing the very best service. We believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and our most important motivator. As a company, we have set up a number of subsidiaries as we have grown: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
At every stage of your career employment conditions play a significant role. Therefore, we are financially well arranged: you will receive your holiday allowance and 13th month with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you. As a [job title], you will work from our office located in The Hague.
Critical skills of a Hedging Specialist
- Knowledge of (pricing) derivatives and strong affinity with financial markets
- Working in a trading environment dealing with derivatives, either in middle or back office
- Coding experience in an object oriented programming language, preferably C#
- Performing (statistical) analysis to explain results and/or improve further hedging
- Experience with statistical tools like R or Python
- Experience with using or preparing P&L attribution and Financial reporting
- Experience with Value at Risk Limit Frameworks
Commit to NN
Are you seeking a dynamic position in an organization where you are constantly challenging yourself? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the application process? Please contact Mina Bahaj via +31 (0)6 15066245