As a Head of RFP Services you will ensure that the corporate strategy is well executed through delivering successful RFP’s and DDQ’s. Your strong commercial client focus forms a solid foundation to be successful.
At NN Investment Partners, we provide a comprehensive range of investment solutions and services to our clients and partners globally, both via segregated accounts and via mutual funds. We manage assets for institutional clients, fund distributors and NN Insurance. Our investment strategies cover specialized fixed income, alternative credit, liquid alternatives, European equities and sustainable and impact investing. Funds are domiciled in Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Belgium, Cayman Islands, France, Japan and Poland. These fund ranges comprise over 300 funds that are distributed in more than 25 countries globally. NN Investment Partners has over €270 billion assets under management. Worldwide 1000 professionals watch over our clients’ money. NN Investment Partners is part of NN Group.
Your added value as a Head of RFP Services at NN Investment Partners
The RFP Services team is part of the Client domain within NN Investment Partners and deals with high quality Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQ’s) from (international) prospects and clients with the aim to contribute to the commercial success of the organization. The team consists of 8 professionals: six RFP/DDQ writers and two Data analysts. Your role is to ensure that the corporate strategy is well executed through delivering successful RFP’s and DDQ’s. You will do this by making optimal use of available resources and by motivating and coaching your team in an inspiring way. In this role you are a sparring partner for internal and external parties, with strong investment/product knowledge and a good understanding of different client segments and distribution channels (such as Wholesale/Retail and Institutional, APF/fiduciary/DC and international).
The objectives on the agenda
As a specialist in your field of expertise, you:
- Manage the team in the creation and timely delivery of complex, high quality responses to prospective client proposals and DDQs
- Coach the team and ensure that the team members are empowered, motivated and engaged
- Successfully translate NN Investment Partners’ corporate strategy into high quality RFP’s and DDQ’s, resulting in a high success ratio
- Own and develop a best in class end-to-end process for the creation of the RFPs and DDQ’s and responses produced by a top class team of RFP professionals with scalability built in
- Ensure that the product narrative in the RFP best articulates how the NNIP’s solution can add value for our prospective clients
- Take responsibility for ensuring the communication is consistent with business objectives and strategic messaging and maintain control and governance across a large set of corporate information
- Oversee the distribution and completion of all incoming RFP’s and DDQ’s given available resources and prioritize RFP’s and DDQ’s based on client segment, product focus and probability rates
- Collaborate with and develop strong partnerships with (international) Sales, Investments and other cross functional departments to create high quality materials aimed at increasing the businesses chances of success in capturing new client mandates
- Screen public tender databases and in consultation with the different sales teams, identify opportunities
- Boost knowledge-sharing, quality and process improvements and support other relevant projects; manage the workload to allow for these initiatives
- Be the team’s ambassador within the organization, representing, promoting and encouraging visibility and appreciation of the team’s work
- Be a credible and contributing team member who works along others on RFPs and DDQs, to help manage workload as and when required and who understands the processes and any areas for improvement from the bottom-up
Overall, the Head of RFP Services is accountable to embed a culture across the team with an understanding of our clients' key business needs and collaborate with cross functional internal partners to ‘package’ the products and solutions of NNIP that are both compelling and accurately reflect our capabilities.
Critical skills of a Head of RFP Services
You have strong leadership skills and are able to motivate and coach a team with investment professionals. Your strong commercial client focus secures a sense of direction, which is result-driven. With your strong analytical skills, you analyze a problem and quickly find a solution. You have more than 5-7 years’ experience in the Asset Management Industry, preferably in a management role closely connected to products, sales and marketing or operations. You are comfortable working closely with senior management managing various internal stakeholders and competing priorities. Besides that you have strong process and project management skills combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are able to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Finally, you are fluent in English, Dutch is preferred.
We also care about you
Just as you as our Head of RFP Services care for our customers, we also care for you. With great development opportunities and a pleasant working environment, you will have good reason to find going to work every day a pleasure. For your career development, we facilitate:
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Center.
- Industry-specific conferences (both in the Netherlands and across the border).
- In-house training and personal skills training.
- Whatever we do, we do together in an environment where your personality, talents and ideas count. For example, collaborating with another team is quite the norm and regularly leads to better outcomes. We have no thresholds within NN IP; everyone is readily accessible and willing to help each other.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits. You will receive your holiday allowance and year-end bonus with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you. As Head of RFP Services , you will work from our beautiful office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via the A12.
Commit to NN
Will you ensure that the corporate strategy is well executed through delivering successful RFP’s and DDQ’s? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button. Do you have any questions about the job? Then please call Femke Zeeman, Recruiter, via +31 6 51 50 97 66.