Head of Modelling Services NN Life
As Head of Modelling Services you are excited about solving complex problems in new and innovative ways. You work at the quantitative heart of NN’s largest Business Unit. And you’ll have a management role that will challenge both your leadership and numerical skills!
What will you do?
The Finance Transformation Team is a new team recently created within the Finance department of NN Life. The team consists of 4 sub-departments: IFRS 17, Data Management, Financial Change and Modelling Services.
The ultimate goal of Modelling Services is to transform the reporting environment for NN Life, making it Agile, while still effectively implementing all upcoming regulations.
Your team is end-to-end responsible for the cash flow models, from source data analysis to implementing changes in the reporting activities. In your role as Head of Modelling Services you are primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Data Analysts and Quant Developers in your team. As well as training and coaching your team members (15 people).
The two primary challenges in the coming years will be the IFRS 17 implementation which will affect all cashflow models within the company, as well as integrating finance reporting processes and systems (model & system rationalization).
- Model ownership & point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. The Head of Modelling Services will be the Model Owner, encompassing the whole NN Life balance sheet, contactpoint Model Validation, DNB, Auditors
- Member of the Finance Transformation management team
- Member of the Model Committee
- Responsible for development and testing of Market Value, Solvency II, IFRS models and metrics
- Strong analytics skills, result oriented, eager to learn and ambitious. Big picture understanding of complex ideas
- Minimum 7 years experiences in Finance and Risk, preferable in consulting
- Managerial experience is preferred but not required
- Capable of executing complex (multidisciplinary) projects
- Able to develop yourself and other people, including people who are not direct reports of your team
- Great communication skills; able to communicate with senior stakeholders including board members
- Able to work on multiple projects at the same time and switching between them effectively.
- Able to communicate clearly in English. The environment is a mix of Dutch and English colleagues.
- Capable of driving change
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- An interesting job which combines solving complex problems in a new and innovative way, leadership and managerial skills
- The job is for 40 hours a week and the location is Rotterdam
- A position in job grade 12, scaling depends on knowledge and experience
- A one-year contract
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Do you have questions about the application process? Please call Recruiter Jordi Spijker on 06 - 215 875 92.
More information about our application process can be found here.