Head of Data Management NN Life
As Head of Data Management you are excited about solving complex problems in new and innovative ways. You work at the quantitative heart of NN’s largest Business Unit. And you’ll have a management role that will challenge both your leadership and numerical skills!
What will you do?
The Finance Transformation Team is a new team recently created within the Finance department of NN Life. The team consists of 4 sub-departments: IFRS 17, Data Management, Financial Change and Modelling Services.
The ultimate goal of Finance Transformation is to transform the reporting environment for NN Life, making it Agile, while still effectively implementing all upcoming regulations.
Your team is responsible for the financial reporting risk controls and data quality. As head of Data Management, you will be the primary person responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the people with a financial/accounting/data background in your team, as well as training and coaching your team members (8 people including externals).
The two primary challenges in the coming years will be the IFRS 17 implementation which will affect all cash flow models within the company, as well as integrating finance reporting processes and systems (model & system rationalization).
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Data ownership & point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. The Head of Data Management will be the Data Quality officer, encompassing the whole NN Leven balance sheet, and contact point for Model Validation, DNB, auditors, etc.
- Member of the Finance Transformation management team
- Member of the Model Committee
- Responsible for development of key reporting and data quality controls
- Managing a team of 8 people
- Strong analytics skills, result oriented, eager to learn and ambitious. Big picture understanding of complex ideas
- Minimum 7 years experiences in Finance and Risk, preferable in consulting
- Background in accounting is preferred
- Able to develop yourself and other people, including people who are not direct reports of your team
- Great communication skills; able to communicate with senior stakeholders including board members
- Able to communicate clearly in English. The environment is a mix of Dutch and English colleagues.
- Capable of driving change
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- An interesting job which combines solving complex problems in a new and innovative way, leadership and managerial skills
- The job is for 40 hours a week and the location is Rotterdam
- A position in job grade 12/13, scaling depends on knowledge and experience
- Management Expert Level 2
- A one-year contract
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply?
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job, please contact Aditi Parekh: Aditi.email@example.com. Do you have questions about the application process? Please call Recruiter Anouk Mastwijk on 070- 513 1336.
More information about our application process can be found here.