Head of ALM & Hedging
Financial Risk Management (FRM) is a department in NN Group Risk at NN Group supporting the Chief Risk Officer (CRO). FRM maintains NN’s internal model and acts as the second line of defense function of the NN Investment Office. The ALM & Hedging team is part of the FRM department alongside the Risk Models team and the Investment Risk team. The team consists of three risk analysts and has inter alia the following key responsibilities:
- Maintain policies and standards related to ALM, interest rate risk and liquidity risk and the execution of SAA studies
- Act as the centre of expertise for the risk management activities covered by these policies
- Maintain the framework to optimize NN Group’s risk profile resulting from the mismatch between assets and liabilities
- Support and review the execution of SAA studies at Business Units
- Act as the secretariat of the NN Group ALCO
- Monitor the exposure towards interest rate risk and liquidity risk at Group level and ensure that the exposure remains within limits and tolerances
- Monitor the solvency ratio sensitivities and ensure that the solvency ratios sensitivities remain within tolerances
- Support and challenge local risk management departments and NN Group’s investment office
- Day to day support of NN Group’s senior management
Your added value as Head of ALM & Hedging at NN
The Head of ALM & Hedging is responsible for organizing the work of the team. You ensure that high quality deliverables are produced within deadline and budget. Through your strong analytical skills and expert knowledge you are able to advice your team members on how to improve their work. At the same time you create a challenging and motivating work environment and you contribute to the personal and professional development of your team members. You lead or support the dialogue with NN Group Investment Office and with risk management departments of the business units. You communicate with impact and clarity at various management levels, you are persistent and patient and able to defend and explain your point and view while listening to your discussion partners.
As an experienced professional, you strive for continuous development. This is a role where you can make impact and you have close interaction with senior management. We offer extensive development opportunities and a pleasant working environment.
We offer you:
- Tasks which offer a variety of intellectual and management challenges at a leading European insurer
- On-the-job training and vocational training through mentoring and via our Learning & Development Centre.
- A comprehensive network of national and international professionals.
- Industry specific conferences (both in the Netherlands and across the border).
As an important function of Group Risk the ALM & Hedging team contributes to the financial stability of NN Group. We ensure that interest rate risk and liquidity risk remains within risk appetite and we contribute to the stability of our solvency ratio. Through our support of SAA and ALM studies we support the efficient use of our financial resources. The work of this team has a strong impact on NN’s risk profile and balance sheet and involves close interaction with management at various levels.
At every stage of your career employment conditions play a significant role. Therefore, we offer comprehensive employee benefits: you will receive your holiday allowance and 13th month with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you. You will work from our office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via public transport and the A12.
Critical skills of the Head of ALM & Hedging
Our new Head of ALM & hedging brings several years of experience in the financial industry with a focus on asset and liability management, capital management and hedging. Next to your in-depth knowledge of financial instruments, Solvency 2 regulation capital models and asset and liability management practices, you ideally bring an academic master’s degree in math, actuarial science, finance, econometrics or another quantitative subject.
Since you work in an international environment your English is fluent and you have proven experience as project-manager or a team-leader in a similar position. In order to be successful in the team, you need to be an ambitious, energetic, pro-active an result driven team player while being able to work independently. You have strong analytical skills combined with common sense, and an ability to find creative and pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
Furthermore. We are looking for someone:
- Acknowledged expert for topics related to ALM and SAA and capable to monitor relevant developments and regulations in his area of expertise;
- Ability to lead and inspire a team of highly qualified and motivated experts;
- Strong communication skills – being able to both communicate effectively to senior management and to build relationships and work with various stakeholders; Ability to explain complex technical topics to both experts and management;
- Ability to explain and defend a point of view with persistence and patience to both experts and management while listening to your counterpart;
- Ability to prepare well-structured and clear technical documents including summaries for management communication in flawless English;
Commit to NN
We truly value your knowledge and expertise. We believe you will bring our organisation to the next level. Therefore, we would like to meet you. Upload you resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job or the application process? Then please call Senior Recruiter, Ralph Roels via +31 (0)6 55348378.