We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing intern for its Public Relations team to work on PR, external communications and (social) media activities!
We’re looking a talented individual to help the team engage journalists with communications that support of the NN IP’s commercial priorities and aid in the further activation of the brand. The ideal candidate is creative and an energetic self-starter looking for a dynamic international environment. In addition to supporting Public Relations activities, the intern with have the opportunity to develop experience across the entire Marketing & Communications value chain.
You will work closely with the Head of Public relations at NN IP and have the opportunity to experience all that the PR team does. It’s a high-paced and dynamic environment. Facilitating contact between our spokespeople and key media outlets including CNN, CNBC, Reuters and Bloomberg will be a major part of the responsibilities. Other activities include (social) media content distribution, compiling media coverage, and coordinating with agencies and PR colleagues across Europe. You will help out with interviews, support the organization of press events, and prepare documents for publication. The intern will also have the opportunity to contribute to other Marketing Communications activities to better understand how PR and External Communications are integrated into this function and contribute to the company’s overall success. This is a high-paced team and there will be many opportunities for the person who is ready to take them.
You are responsible, amongst others, for:
- Handling press enquiries and scheduling interviews
- Continuously monitoring for media coverage
- Compiling media coverage overviews on a reoccurring and ad hoc basis
- Evaluating media coverage and other PR metrics, make conclusions based on the data and provide the team with recommendations
- Offering support in managing the global PR network
- Identification of news angles and creative reach out strategies to journalists
- Supporting the extension of PR activities to an online environment
- Support the organization of PR-related events
Meet your team
The Public Relations team is part of the marketing & communications department. This department includes professionals responsible for branding, digital marketing, content & investment marketing, collateral management and events. Public Relations is focused on managing and strengthening the reputation of NN IP, influencing how our target groups perceive us and how people talk about us. We do this via multiple channels and outreach strategies. Creating visibility of NNI P in external media and profiling our experts on (social) media channels plays a huge role in this. We create a steady flow of commentary and other communications to help NN IP secure a high level of exposure in the media. We also license, train and coach investment professionals to communicate with journalists and online. Success is measured not just in the number of media coverage generated. Rather, we focus on quality and hitting the right media titles. In addition we play a key role in managing the relationships with internal and external stakeholders, corporate communications activities and in supporting marketing campaigns.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit NN Investment Partners.
- Preferably a communications, (social) media or PR background
- Strong communication, planning and organizing skills
- Able to find creative solutions to complex issues
- Good Dutch and English, both written and verbally
- Being able to work independently, a proactive mindset, energetic and flexible
In addition, your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you
- an entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them;
- a multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you and accelerate your career development
- internship allowance of €450,- (HBO) or €600,- (WO) based on an 36-hours workweek.
How to apply
- Students have to be currently enrolled in a Bachelor/Master’s programme to be eligible for this internship.
- Students with passports from outside the EU need to be in the possession of a valid (Dutch IND) residence permit to apply for this internship.
- Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration. Next to a resume a motivational letter is required.
For more information about the application you can contact the NN Internship Office, phone: 06-10816801 (WhatsApp is also an option, please mention the job id in your message) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Within two weeks you will receive a response to your application.