The Change Management team is part of the Group Risk Management Service Centre at the head office of NN Group. This department supports the central risk systems, and works closely with the risk system users, modelling team and development teams to implement risk modelling and reporting changes into production platforms.
The Change Management team is responsible for capturing the functional requirements for all risk system changes ranging from improvements in the risk reporting, new risk (model) functionality and interface changes. The main system supported is ECAPS which calculates and reports all Solvency II metrics for NN Group.
The Change Management team consistent now out of 2 business analysts reporting to the head of Change Management. Functionally they work very closely with the ECAPS Product Owner and the Quantitative Development team that develops the core risk engine underlying ECAPS.
The Change Management team also overlooks the testing process and works closely together with the RAS test team in Hungary.
Your main responsibilities
- Linking pin between the users of the risk system, the modelling team and the development teams
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into functional development requirements and advise development teams on efficient and practical solutions
- Align with users to assure that requirements and business needs are clear, challenged where needed. Pro-actively engage with all stakeholders that need to provide input
- Produce written functional documentation to support change requirements
Your experience & skills
- Academic degree, preferably in finance/IT/technical area
- Minimum of 2-3 years combined experience in either functional business analysis or working with risk systems / risk reporting.
- Experience in risk management or working with risk systems area is a plus.
- Experience with asset modelling or ALM is a plus.
- Experience with agile development is a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- Proactive: you enjoy leading change and take your responsibility to make it happen
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Team player: You are able to support others and be supported by others when needed. You value input from colleagues.
- Customer focused.
- A challenging position in job grade 9, 10 or 11 depending on knowledge and experience.
Application & contact
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Hugo van Zelm-van Eldik, senior recruiter, via email@example.com, of +31 70 513 80 67.
Third party applications are not accepted.