NN is a life insurance company with great aims in Belgium. We protect what our customers hold most dear: their family and those close to them. We believe that insurance is a very personal matter and by keeping things personal, our goal is to make all the difference. With 1.4 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. Which is why we extend a warm welcome to NN to all potential new employees looking to make a positive impact on the lives of each and every one of our unique customers!
NN Belgium is looking for a Risk Professional to join its Financial & Insurance Risk Management team. This team is responsible for managing the risks embedded in NN Belgium’s insurance business.
Your tasks will focus mainly on the modelling of liability cashflows and customer behaviour (lapse, mortality and disability). The team models these risks and ensures they reflect the future sufficiently to allow for solid financial planning. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent analytical skills. Do you have a keen interest in cashflow modelling and/or data analysis on customer behaviour? Do you have at least five years of experience in insurance? And would you enjoy working with motivated colleagues from different departments within NN Belgium, such as Actuarial Reporting, Finance, Pricing, etc. – as well as with colleagues from other countries? Do you enjoy giving shape to the day-to-day running of projects and tasks within the team? If this sounds like you, then you may be the Risk Professional we are looking for!
What are the challenges awaiting you as our new Risk Professional?
The key elements in your new role at NN are the model refinements that will allow us to face IFRS 17 head on. With the roll out of this new accounting standard an accurate predication of future events and their financial impact becomes ever more important. If you are interested in how this data is used to drive NN’s strategy, this position will be right up your alley.
In the role of Risk Professional you will:
- support the analysis of the profitability and risk of the insurance portfolio by creating and maintaining the cashflow models and their assumptions used for all valuation exercises (Embedded Value, Economic Capital, Value of New Business).
- provide clear and powerful insights into the results obtained from the models and, more importantly, you will assist senior management in understanding and mitigating the modelling risk underlying the results obtained.
- provide accurate documentation about new developments and help keep existing documentation packages up to date.
- participate actively in technical committees regarding the modelling of insurance obligations and technical life insurance risks.
What are we looking for in our colleague?
- a university degree (master’s or higher) in a quantitative subject (e.g. actuarial, mathematics, physics, engineering sciences, economics).
- at least five years of relevant work experience in risk management.
- in-depth knowledge and understanding of the various types of life insurance products.
- experience with actuarial modelling software; knowledge of R³S (AFM) would be a bonus.
- needless to say that data analysis capabilities are a must (Pyton / R).
- an excellent command of English, Dutch and/or French.
- you are analytical, always eager to learn and able to work in an accurate and precise way.
- your team spirit defines you.
What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed. People willing to give the best of themselves for our customers. People with fresh ideas and the kind of drive that enables them to take the initiative. And people who are totally at home with our values. But, especially, we need people with a unique personality that really makes a difference. In particular, be yourself. That’s what we value and appreciate at NN!
- We will give you an attractive salary, supplemented by a range of fringe benefits, such as group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-cheques, 20 days’ holiday, 12 working time adjustment days off and 5 days of extra-legal leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and further develop your unique talents, so that you will continue to build your career. There’s a whole range of things available for you: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN, we know just how important relaxation is! Which is why we aim to achieve a good work-life balance. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group lessons are just some of the things that will make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought about providing an enjoyable, totally innovative working environment, where you feel at home, situated in the bustling city that is Brussels, literally next door to Brussels South railway station.