Financial Risk manager
As Financial Risk Manager you have extensive knowledge of financial markets, investment products and related risks, and have gained experience with ALM studies, hedging and Solvency II in previous roles. You like to analyze complex problems and are able to translate this into concrete advice. You are result driven, critical but with a constructive mindset and an energetic and pro-active team player. Experience with programming, and knowledge of asset management and insurance products is an advantage.
- In the role of Financial Risk Manager, your main responsibilities are:
- Develop and monitor NN Life’s investment policy and report on investments and financial risks
- Monitor financial markets and advice management on the impact on NN Life’s balance sheet (interest rate management, liquidity management etc), both for the general account and separate account business
- Monitoring NN Life’s limit framework for market risk
- Prepare reports and advise the Life Board and Asset Liability Committee
- Review and challenge new investment proposals and monitor the existing investment portfolio
- Review and challenge the strategic asset allocation
- Review and challenge capital models for market risk related (solvency II) capital requirements
Meet the team
Apart from a challenging job, you obviously want to know who you will be working with. Financial Risk Management is currently a team of 8 people, that work closely together. The work environment is characterized by a professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication.
Together with the Insurance Risk team, we are the Risk Management department and part of CRO. Financial Risk Management is responsible for advising on and monitoring of the market and investment risks on the NN Life balance sheet, and provides reporting on solvability and to the Asset Liability Committee.
NN is a large organization and offers you many opportunities. If you start working for us, you will work for the business unit Nationale-Nederlanden Life.
- University degree in Econometrics, Mathematics or Actuarial Sciences, preferably complemented with CFA or FRM
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with managing financial risks, investment theory and/or asset management
- Affinity with programming (for example Visual Basic) is an advantage
- A flexible team player, able to quickly respond to changing priorities
- Critical, strong analytical skills, but with a constructive mindset, always looking for practical solutions
- Decisive and able to convince senior management and other stakeholders
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- A challenging job with potential for further career development
- A job for 36 hours with flexible work time and good work/life balance
- Location Rotterdam, nearby Rotterdam Central Station
- Excellent conditions, and depending on experience
- One-year contract
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy. Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job, please contact Angela Lissenburg-Rademaker on 06-21701182. Any questions about the application process? Please call Recruiter Anouk Mastwijk on 070-513 1336.
More information about our application process can be found here.