NN is a life insurance company with great aims in Belgium. We protect what our customers hold most dear: their family and those close to them. We believe that insurance is a very personal matter and by keeping things personal, our goal is to make all the difference.
With 1.4 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group.
Which is why we extend a warm welcome to NN to all potential new employees looking to make a positive impact on the lives of every one of our unique customers!
What is your role as a Financial Business Analyst in our organization?
As a Financial Business Analyst, you will help the finance department with the elaboration of a challenging assignment around the implementation of the PeopleSoft Accounting packages. The main goal of this project is to implement an integration that has an impact on finance. The main objective of this challenge is the integration of the different systems in one general ledger and the target operating model.
Participating in the NN Finance project offers you the opportunity to participate in more complex challenges with high impact for the department and the company as a whole. You participate and are also an active player in the design of the future of the financial department.
- You will also formulate and consolidate the various financial business requirements.
- By working together with other involved departments of the company (mainly Operations & Risk & IT) you will analyze, collect and work out different data requirements.
- You will design the "As-Is" & "To-Be" solutions and processes for the Finance Accounting department. You also evaluate the necessary improvements of the business model.
- You build the bridge between Finance and IT in an Agile way.
- Together with your financial expert colleagues, you will assist in the necessary testing phases of the PeopleSoft solution.
- You will participate in the change management activities within the financial department.
- At NN, we have several ongoing financial projects to offer you the opportunity to participate in and support.
What does a Business Analyst have to offer?
The field of work holds no secrets for you because you have 5 to 7 years of work experience, preferably in the field of Finance/Accounting in the insurance sector. You are also a real proactive problem solver who is not afraid to take on a challenge and take responsibility. Besides, working on a financial accounting project is no novelty for you.
- Good knowledge of the value chain and business processes in the insurance sector are crucial for this job.
- You are experienced in formulating business requirements and you have experience in transformative projects.
- You have experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- An excellent command of English, written and oral, French or Dutch is necessary for the job.
- A basic knowledge of accounting is a plus.
- You are pragmatic and analytical.
- You are stress-resistant and flexible and have no problems meeting deadlines.
- Working in a team is no problem for you and you like to share your knowledge with others.
What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed. People willing to give the best of themselves for our customers. People with fresh ideas and the kind of drive that enables them to take the initiative. And people who are totally at home with our values. But, especially, we need people with a unique personality that really makes a difference. Above all: be yourself. That’s what we value and appreciate at NN!
- We will give you an attractive salary, supplemented by a range of fringe benefits, such as group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-cheques, 20 days’ holiday, 12 extra days off.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and further develop your unique talents, so that you will continue to build your career. There’s a whole range of things available for you: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN, we know just how important relaxation is! Which is why we aim to achieve a good work-life balance. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group lessons are just some of the things that will make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought about providing an enjoyable, totally innovative working environment, where you feel at home, situated in the bustling city that is Brussels, literally next door to Brussels South railway station.
Are you ready to make a difference?
After reading this vacancy, are you convinced that you want to work for NN? Are you the Financial Business Analyst with knowledge of PeopleSoft that we are looking for? Apply now and send us your resume and motivation letter via this button.