Withing Group Finance (approx.. 350 employees) we have celebrated a lot of great achievements over the past years: doing an IPO, integrating DL, implementing Solvency II, in the mean time making improvements in our processes and always delivering on our day to day responsibilities.
But the world around us changes every day: our clients ask more of us and they want it quicker, technology changes as do regulatory demands. What is good enough today, will not be good enough tomorrow.
We can see this as a threat or we can see this as an opportunity to become the best in class finance:
- Seamlessly working together, also with other departments and BUs
- State of the art technology supporting our work
- And providing information that truly matters
Wouldn’t it be great to work in this environment where we learn by doing, develop ourselves to be better and faster, where have fun, and we are able to adapt to change quickly? An environment where we create value and help steer this beautiful company?
To be the best in class Finance organization, we have to take the maximum out of these opportunities and create this environment together.
Are you the senior project& change manager that can help us in making the difference now?
We expect you to be able to manage a part of a large multi-stream projects or multiple smaller well-defined projects with a single work-stream, involving multiple parties and with some technology and organisational impact. In general the responsibilities include:
- Determine project targets (cost, timing, technology, quality), divide responsibilities and tasks and make project planning.
- Defines scope and activities of projects with a 1 to 2 year scope, based on Project Management standards, methods and tools.
- Manage project execution, coordinate all involved internal and external parties and monitor consistency with the project plan and approved changes.
- Analyse, determine and manage a risk-, issue-, management- and quality plan. Monitor and control (and steer) the realisation of deliverables in line with explicit quality agreements, standards, budget and guidelines.
- Ensure the closure of projects for all stakeholders, including project documentation, closure material, the definition of potential follow-up activities and hand the project over to the business.
- Maintain the relationship with key executive stakeholders and at business unit level as well as.
Meet your team
The Finance Strategy Department coordinates and manages the large change programs for Finance throughout the whole NN Group. The change programs are often realised in close partnership with Risk and in collaboration with other departments and the Dutch and International businesses. Finance Strategy is leading the transformation to market value management and reporting with currently Solvency II and in the near future IFRS17. The Finance Improvement initiative works together with all CFOs to define and realise the key initiatives required for Finance for the future. The work of the department is thereby located in the heart of the larger changes faced by NN Group and the whole insurance sector.
The Finance Strategy Department is a relatively informal department, in which programme managers work seamlessly together in a complex, dynamic and international environment. Finance Strategy organizes team outings, learning lunches, participates in volunteering activities, and has monthly drinks. Moreover, we have weekly stand-ups where we share our achievements as well as challenges and keep each other updated on the progress of different projects. We follow three NN values – care, clear and commit. We do what is best for the company, we have independent and transparent role in the process of change and we initiate, coordinate and accomplish change, and take responsibility for it. We always aim to positively surprise our clients by providing a superior customer experience. Hence, the statement We get things done… and surprise!
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit NN Group.
- 5-7 years of experience in general or program management functions within financial industry in an international setting within either the Finance or Risk management domain
- University degree preferably in Business Management, Finance, Information technology (MBA is an advantage)
- Formal Program certification are welcome (e.g. MSP, Prince 2, Agile)
- Very good communication skills, fluent in English, both written and verbal (Dutch is an advantage)
- Self-starter, able to take initiatives and think beyond the boundaries of the assignment at hand
- Ability to manage a team without direct authority which consists of different roles, backgrounds and nationalities
- Team player with hands-on attitude, flexibility to deal with changing priorities in a turbulent environment and high degree of judgement with focus on tangible results
We offer you
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere and collegiality;
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself, space to create your own vision and style of execution;
- Exposure to all businesses, many departments and the leadership of NN Group;
- One year contract with the intention to make it permanent after one year
- Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
- Job scale 11
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job, please call Koen Klein Willink (Dept) Head Finance Strategy & Manager Program Consulting) on 06-30 86 14 03. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, please contact recruiter Ralph Roels on 06-55 34 83 78 or via email Ralph.Roels@nn.nl.
More information about our application process can be found here.