Within Group Finance (approx. 350 employees) we have celebrated a lot of great achievements over the past years: doing an IPO, integrating DL, implementing Solvency II, in the mean time making improvements in our processes and always delivering on our day to day responsibilities.
But the world around us changes every day: our clients ask more of us and they want it quicker, technology changes as do regulatory demands. What is good enough today, will not be good enough tomorrow.
We can see this as a threat or we can see this as an opportunity to become the best in class finance:
- Seamlessly working together, also with other departments and BUs
- State of the art technology supporting our work
- And providing information that truly matters
Wouldn’t it be great to work in this environment where we learn by doing, develop ourselves to be better and faster, where have fun, and we are able to adapt to change quickly? An environment where we create value and help steer this beautiful company?
To be the best in class Finance organization, we have to take the maximum out of these opportunities and create this environment together.
Are you the senior project& change manager that can help us in making the difference now?
We expect you to be able to manage large projects or programmes (multidisciplinary, cross business line, > 1 year duration) with significant organisational impact or new technology requiring specialised knowledge of market segment/industry/technology. In general the responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute project objectives, plans and budgets while at the same time obtaining the content knowledge of the project. Adapt where required, following the right procedures and communication;
- Agree on the road map, milestones and the key deliverables of the project/ assignments whilst balancing priority and capacity constraints in each of the business units under your coordination;
- Operate tight project control measures on scope, time, budget and quality and report progress into steering bodies designated for controlling the implementation activities in the countries under your responsibility;
- Take care of a good quality delivery of the expected results from the project - in terms of logic, consistency, readability and completeness;
- Maintain the relationship with key executive stakeholders including, at business unit level as well as Group level, including the CFOs and CROs;
- Realize and monitor transition of program results into Business as Usual ownership and establish adequate controls over this.
Meet your team
The Finance Strategy Department coordinates and manages the large change programs for Finance throughout the whole NN Group. The change programs are often realised in close partnership with Risk and in collaboration with other departments and the Dutch and International businesses. Finance Strategy is leading the transformation to market value management and reporting with currently Solvency II and in the near future IFRS17. The Finance Improvement initiative works together with all CFOs to define and realise the key initiatives required for Finance for the future. The work of the department is thereby located in the heart of the larger changes faced by NN Group and the whole insurance sector.
The Finance Strategy Department is a relatively informal department, in which programme managers work seamlessly together in a complex, dynamic and international environment. Finance Strategy organizes team outings, learning lunches, participates in volunteering activities, and has monthly drinks. Moreover, we have weekly stand-ups where we share our achievements as well as challenges and keep each other updated on the progress of different projects. We follow three NN values – care, clear and commit. We do what is best for the company, we have independent and transparent role in the process of change and we initiate, coordinate and accomplish change, and take responsibility for it. We always aim to positively surprise our clients by providing a superior customer experience. Hence, the statement We get things done… and surprise!
- 10-12 years of experience in general or program management functions within financial industry in an international setting within either the Finance or Risk management domain;
- University degree preferably in Business Management, Finance, Information technology (MBA is an advantage);
- Formal Program certification (e.g. MSP, Prince 2, Agile);
- Proven ability to oversee change within Finance, Risk Management and IT domains;
- Strong communication skills, fluent in English, both written and verbal (Dutch is an advantage);
- Strong leadership skills without formal authority and ability to work through conflicting priorities with key stakeholders and sponsors;
- Self-starter, able to take initiatives and think beyond the boundaries of the assignment at hand;
- Ability to manage a team without direct authority which consists of different roles, backgrounds and nationalities;
- Team player with hands-on attitude, flexibility to deal with changing priorities in a turbulent environment and high degree of judgement with focus on tangible results.
We offer you
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere and collegiality;
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself, space to create your own vision and style of execution;
- Exposure to all businesses, many departments and the leadership of NN Group;
- One year contract with the intention to make it permanent after one year;
- Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices;
- A position in job grade 13, hay level 19, scaling depends on knowledge and experience.
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job, please call Maarten de Regt (Information Manager Group Finance) on +31 6 2063 4834. For more information regarding the selection procedure, please contact recruiter Ralph Roels on 06-55 34 83 78 or via email Ralph.Roels@nn.nl.
More information about our application process can be found here.