The business partner for the Engine (Investment Management) is the specialist in his field and knows the asset management world and more specific the Investment Management landscape of an Asset Manager. Finance should focus on its core business and act as a business partner, giving the business insights in their performance, pro-actively advice them to make the right choices, based on correct data and analyses and allocate resources to the right places. The business partner operates on a senior level and can be critical to his/her business line on executive level. The Business Partner is accepted as the healthy countervailing power to meet their goals or even stretch them if possible.
You are, amongst others, responsible for:
- Development of business cases for investments and actively monitor, analyze and challenge budgets, costs and performance of the business.
- Advise, challenge and act as a financial business partner towards business managers on the financial and non-financial performance of the department, covering IFRS, value and capital metrics. Perform in-depth analysis on selected topics of interest.
- Steer, organize, execute and monitor the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting control cycle, continuously liaising with and between (line) management during the entire year-cycle.
- Help the Engine reach their strategy goals for example on revenues, investment performances, cost reduction, simplifying the IT Landscape, sustainable investing etc.
- Pro-active team player who is able to have a strong connection with other Business Partners as well as the Business Control colleagues and of course is able to pro-actively advice the senior and board level business line partner.
- Monitoring on actuals versus budget & forecast is based on high quality of the dataset therefore these high quality data standards will be part of your responsibilities.
Meet your team
You will be part of a team of 7 highly skilled finance professionals. Most important activities of this team are Data collecting and –analyzing, Forecasting and Business Partnering for the 3 business lines Sales, Investment Engine and Tech and Ops as well as staff departments.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit: https://nn-careers.com/nn-investment-partners/
- For this vacancy we are looking for someone with at least:
- 7+ years experience in Investment Management of an Asset Manager
- 5+ years strategy execution
- Academic degree (preferably RC)
- CFA degree is a preference
- Strong focus on optimization and teambuilding
- In addition, your personal qualities will play a decisive role
We offer you
- Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- A challenging and dynamic environment that gives you the opportunity to influence the decision making of a large asset manager
- A team with an open attitude that is continuously sharing knowledge. Commitment and dedication towards reaching our company goals are highly valued, but we know how to unwind as well!
- Function-profile : Business Control 4, Hay level 18.
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Any questions about the application process? Please call Femke Zeeman on +31 (0)6 51509766.
More information about our application process can be found here