As a Teamleader DevOps/Linux Engineer you are responsible for supporting large Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments across the entire NNIP International organization and be involved in a large-scale automation and migration project assisting several software development teams with their move to a fully automated platform. The position requires strong technical background as well as some experience with planning, managing work for the team as well as coordinating with different product owners within the organization. The job is based in The Hague, the Netherlands.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Oversee, manage and work with a team of 6 DevOps/Linux Engineers, in order to provide services that enable customers to effectively apply IT to business requirements, supporting the installation, optimization, integration, modification, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, security and upgrade of relevant IT systems and component.
- Being able to work with other senior staff to recommend and design systems architecture and propose topologies from both general and specific perspectives.
- Designing, implementing, and evaluating current and future infrastructure initiatives for the highest level of efficiency and performance.
- General Administration of Linux Environment: OS Installation, patching and upgrades, Mail/SMTP, Web (Apache, Tomcat), DNS, Proxy, Firewall (NAT, IP Tables, Packet Filter, IP Filter), LDAP, NFS, CIFS
- Strong system and network troubleshooting skills.
- Performing 2nd and 3rd level incident and problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Designing and maintaining relevant documentation.
- Working closely with various IT groups such as database and VMware administration, network and security teams, application team, Project and Business Technology Management, and assisting in overall architectural design, implementation and troubleshooting
- Maintaining the stability of the infrastructure and application landscape by controlled change implementation.
Experience and skills
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related fields (or equivalent experience) required.
- At least seven (7) years' Linux systems administration experience, specifically in managing or supporting Red Hat and/or CentOS Linux in production environments.
- At least several years of experience in the role of a technical Team Lead.
- Experience with provisioning of Linux guests in a VMware ESX environment, experience with NetApp Storage, NFS, or related technologies.
- Experience with management tooling like Kickstart, Foreman/Red Hat Satellite, Nagios.
- Experience with configuration management tools like CFEngine, Puppet, Chef, Ansible (required) and Terraform
- Version control systems: Real world experience with working with SVN or GIT.
- Experience with Gitlab and Gitlab CI/CD (creating pipelines, managing CI runners).
- Experience with building RPM packages.
- Strong knowledge of Tomcat and Apache.
- Strong focus on IT security.
- Knowledge of and large practical experience with ITIL.
- Skilled in a at least two typical scripting languages (bash, perl, python, ruby).
- Pervious working experience with AWS.
- Experience with JFrog Artifactory and Xray as well as Jenkins is considered a plus.
- RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer) certification
- ITIL Foundation
We offer you
There is more than an average degree of creativity and entrepreneurship needed to build success in your area of expertise. NN Investment Partners challenges you, but also gives a lot in return. Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment.
We offer you
- The opportunity to work in a rapidly changing IT environment using the latest configuration management tools available
- A stimulating, open and informal work environment
- An entrepreneurial and performance driven culture
- Employee benefits package that for a large part can be adapted to your own personal wishes.
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Any questions about the application process? Please call Mina Bahaj on +31 (0)6 15 066245.
More information about our application process can be found here.