Based on the sprint planning you are able to analyze, customize, test, implement and administer new developments and operational issues. You are a sparring partner for the Product Owner and contribute to the roadmap planning and sprint planning.
You are contributing to the sprint results covering new developments in co-operation with our partners and with other teams and are involved in solving operational issues within the office communications services.
You participate in the meeting as part of the implemented agile DevOps way of working and report on progress and impediments on a daily basis to the team. You are able to define user stories. You will support the implementation of the new DevOps Way of Working.
You take part or guide operational meetings with the internal and external suppliers of the product lines that are the sole responsibility of the team.
This job family is used in the context of agile DevOps teams, who together have the skills necessary to define, build and test increments of value in a short time box (Change) and manage the application in the live-phase (Run). The product line consists of telephone equipment of various sources (amongst them Avaya and Genesys), Skype for Business, Polycom, etc. Within the context of the DevOps operations, you work closely together with the providers for the public fixed and mobile networks, the internal and external IP-networking providers, the cloud hosting partners for the telephony services and the internal Microsoft oriented infrastructure teams within the Work Place Services department.
You are an end-user-oriented engineer with proven experience in ICT Infrastructure and competent engineering skills. You are end-to-end responsible for defining, developing and providing the telecommunications services provided by the Office communications team together with your multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team.
In order to fulfil your mission, you draw on your deep technical understanding of the telecommunications industry. You understand the technology on which this industry is based on and develops to. You work in a DevOps way, closely aligning with other engineers in your team.
Align with stakeholders on operational services
- Actively take ownership of operational issues, solve the issues of guide the resolution with the external partners
- Communicate with stakeholders and client groups about the operational service levels of the team
Deliver full infrastructure services to the consumer
- Introduce and integrate new office communication technologies for the international NN organization, upfront of market trends
- Maintain the lifecycle of the Office Communication product lines, introduction of new features, and guiding end-users in their transition
- Design and implement procedures and processes that are required for the life cycle management of the Office Communications product lines.
- Act as ambassador of the service to the end-users
Apply and improve DevOps way of working
- Write clear user stories which are understood by the squad and derived from consumer needs
- Define quality standards and “Definition of Done” (“DoD”)
- Continuously improve yourself, your squad and the services of your team
- Coach members of your squad
- Intellectual IT ability Bachelor's degree
- Experience in engineering as a DevOps Engineer in the telecommunications industry
- Knowledge of telecommunications and its derivatives, like; Skype For Business, cloud PBX, OMNI channel, office communications, networking, TDM & IP technology
- Knowledge of common networking principles and specific telecommunications protocols
- Track record of delivering telecommunication products to end users
- Working knowledge of technology in interfacing squads and end users, to get an end-to-end view is an advantage
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English
The Workplace Solutions department provides all end-user related facilities for NN Group. Facilities range from laptops/desktops, end-user application, e-mail, instant messaging, file, print, telecommunication services, etc. The services are provided to all end users within NN Group and an external group of users (Tied Agents). A total of around 25.000 users are using the workplace services on a daily basis.
The Office Communications team is end to end responsible for all equipment and services involved in the voice- and video communications between the NN staff and well as between NN and its relations. Amongst these are the internal phone system, call center applications, video conference units & services, Skype for Business, fixed and mobile public networks and accessories. This is a cutting-edge engineering team which focusses on automation and delivery of innovative new end-user features, systems and services delivered from, primarily cloud services.
Application & Contact
Would you like to apply for this job? Then apply directly via the button under this vacancy.
Do you have questions or would you like more information about the function, call Wilco Jansen, phone number +31 6 11248089., or firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the application process, call recruiter Melanie Otto on +31 615387298.
Only applications with CV and motivation letter will be taken into consideration.
An assessment can be part of the application.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated