Nationale-Nederlanden is looking for an ambitious DevOps Engineers Application for the SAP BI & Basis teams. You operate as a team member in a Devops team working on multiple SAP applications (HANA, BW, BO, SLT, Fraud, SM and GRC).
- Nationale-Nederlanden is one of the leading insurers of the Netherlands and part of NN Group. You have a good understanding of the Insurance industry;
- The SAP BI & Basis department supports many business units and their processes. The main focus is on Life, non Life and Pensions. You have experience in Running and Changing applications to support these processes;
- This Engineering job is used in the context of DevOps teams who, as a team, have all the skills, knowledge and competencies necessary to Change and Run the applications. Each team is fully supporting a business-chain. You have both an IT and a business oriented way of thinking and working;
- All of our DevOps teams are a balanced combination of onsite (Rotterdam) and offshore (Bangalore) team members. You are a person who can bridge gaps in distance, language and culture;
- The SAP platform is the core platform of Nationale-Nederlanden with both internal users (your colleagues) as external (your customers). You are experienced in SAP environments and you are very keen on innovation of the SAP services that empower our end-users to perform their processes;
- Nationale-Nederlanden is in the process of a Devops transformation in which the teams are working towards higher levels of maturity. Devops coaches are available for support. You are natural contributor to personal - and team development;
- With Continuous Integration & Continuous Development, (CI/CD) IT-processes are ‘leaned’ and automated to support the DevOps way of working. You are an engineer with an untamable urge to optimize and automate our own way of working;
- With the SAP Roadmap 2017-2020 Nationale Nederlanden facilitates a full migration of the SAP platform into a cloud enabled platform using HANA as a state of the art in-memory database. You are an engineer with a natural curiosity in new technology.
With all of the above you will generate benefits and create value:
- Increase quality and speed in Change and Run of the SAP BI & Basis applications;
- Empower the business units with shorter time to market and business driven releases;
- Lower TCO on SAP install base;
- Increase efficiency and quality in business processes supported with the SAP BI & Basis applications;
- You are able to analyze, customize, develop, test and implement new features of the application and manage the application in the operational environment. You are familiar with the SAP Basis tasks. You are a multi-skilled engineer;
- You are a sparring partner for the Product Owner and contribute to the roadmap- and sprint planning by defining and estimating user stories. You report on progress and impediments on a daily basis to the team and support further development of the DevOps way of working and contribute in optimizing the IT-processes;
- You are an enthusiastic engineer who provides feedback to your colleagues to support personal development. If necessary you act as a Scrum master.
- IT Bachelor's or Master’s degree;
- Experience as a SAP DevOps engineer in the Insurance industry;
- Experience with leaning and automating IT-processess in a SAP environment;
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English;
- Persuasiveness, initiative, collaboration and craftsmanship are very important competencies;
- Proven contribution to the SAP DevOps engineering community with publications or public presentations is very much appreciated.
- A challenging job in Rotterdam, professional teams and high engineering culture;
- An organization with a dedication to Devops and CI/CD;
- State of the art technical environment with SAP cloud- and HANA technology;
- Job scale 11, but depending on education and professional background & experience;
- Good benefits, personal allowances, 8% holiday allowance, pension scheme, health scheme etc.
How to apply
Do you want to apply for this job? Use the button at the bottom of this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information on this job, please call with Björn Hoogenes (SAP BI & Basis Roadmanager), phone: +31 6 11 37 70 82, mail: Bjorn.Hoogenes@nn-group.com. He is ready to answer your questions!
Any questions about this procedure? Please call with Laura Hoynck van Papendrecht, HR Consultant. She can be reached at: +31 6 10 38 25 76, or by mail: Laura.Hoynck.van.Papendrecht@nn-group.com.
Please note that only applications with CV and motivation letter will be dealt with. An assessment can be part of this procedure. Acquisition based on this vacancy will not be appreciated.