Devops Engineer API
As part of the NN API Management Team we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer. We are building a platform that allows API developers to quickly and securely expose their applications to the outside world and within NN, easily discover available services created by other teams and share the knowledge. This not only for The Netherlands but in all countries where NN operates!
Your impact as DevOps API engineer
As API Engineer you make the platform available in the form of CI / CD pipelines. You are responsible for a stable release cycle: you build it, you run it!
You code the infrastructure with end-to-end automation using latest & greatest opensource toolset. You become an expert (by doing) in the areas of integration patterns, API Security, Design, OAuth, OIDC, JWT, REST, etc. You deliver best-in-class API Platform, Dev Store, and tooling necessary to on-board public and private APIs of NN. And you help to accelerate API adoption and enforce best practices for API design.
What can you expect?
- A lot of different tasks - coding infrastructure, extending applications, helping to define architecture, organizing meetups and trainings, going deep into API security and monitoring, etc etc etc
- No typical on-premise infrastructure.
- (Almost)no bureaucratic dependencies on other teams.
Here at NN, care is a core value – care for our customers as well as our employees. You care for our customers’ needs, and as your employer, NN cares for yours. We offer excellent development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. For your career development, we offer you:
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Centre
- An extensive network of professionals
- Trust & responsibility; you are in charge
You, your DevOps team and the CloudServices and Hosting department work closely in a scrum team. We have an Agile method in which pair programming, hackathons and two-week sprints play an essential role. We always help each other wherever we can, greatly appreciating feedback and open communication.
Our Team Name is Startech. We are a cross-functional 2-pizza Team, responsible for end to end API eco-system fully on Cloud. More simply, subject-matter-experts in APIs those who love to evangelize it for big causes.
Watch this video to know about the vision – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB647W1wrFs
Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal.
You help us go above and beyond when providing the very best customer service. We believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and our most important motivator. As a company, we have set up several subsidiaries as we have grown: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits. For example, you have the option of taking extra vacation days or working 4x9 hours per week. We are also working towards implementing Choose your own Device. You will receive your holiday allowance and 13th month with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will work from our beautiful office located in The Hague, which offers a secure connection via the NS.
Critical skills of a Devops API Engineer (API)
- Passionate for your work , knowledgeable and have an unprecedented drive to achieve great results !
- Modern technology and the latest protocols make you happy.
- Even though you sometimes come across walls in our corporate organization: you do not easily get upset and you go for what you believe in.
- An AWS or Azure nerd and proud of it!
- Coder and Java is not alien for you.
- An Automation-freak, read it as infra-as-code (Terraform, CloudFormation), serverless, everything-as-code (Ansible)..
- Enthusiastic about APIs and nitty-gritties (How part of it, mostly!)
- Fan of designing systems for-failure (systems do fail!)
- Go-getter with a get-the-job-done attitude!
Commit to NN
Do you have the knowledge and drive to turn our cloud environment into a state-of-the-art automated infrastructure? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button. Do you have any questions about the job? Then please write to email@example.com