Do you want to apply the latest quantitative insights to Multi Asset Investing and research new (big) data sources and technologies? We have a great opportunity for a data scientist with a continues drive for innovation.
The data scientists are part of the Investment Strategy team within Multi Asset and drive research and innovation to generate new insights and additional value to our top down asset allocation processes.
- You will identify new fundamental and behavioral signals that drive asset class/sector performance
- You will test the statistical significance of new signals and develop quantitative input to our asset allocation process
- You develop visualization tools and scorecards to improve the assessment of market direction
- You assist portfolio managers by developing and running tools for risk forecasting or portfolio construction
- You will actively explore new data sources, and research new techniques like machine learning.
Meet your team
Multi Asset Team is one of the five focused investment teams within NN IP. We manage close to 30bln. assets in balanced mix funds, flexible multi asset strategies, diversified multi credit and lifecycle solutions. The Investment Strategy team consists of 5 economists/strategists and 3 data scientists. In your role you will actively engage with your colleagues within Multi Asset and the rest of the organization. The team has a global scope, including all liquid assets classes and all regions and sectors. Location of the team is the Hague.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit NN Investment Partners.
Most important job requirements:
- Strong analytical skills
- Degree in Statistics / Econometrics /Mathematics or similar (PhD an advantage)
- Experience with programming languages like R/Python as well as empirical testing methodologies
- Strong drive for innovation and integration of new technologies in investing
- Experience with database handling (SQL, Oracle) or visualization tools (Shiny, D3) are a positive
- Proven affinity with Data Science, Machine Learning techniques, Neural Networks, etc.
As a Data Scientist your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- The job is for 40 working hours a week and the location is The Hague
- Internally this position is plotted in job category: Investment Professional 4
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Any questions about the application process? Please call Elise Kapper on +31 (0)70 378 11 36.
More information about our application process can be found here.