Cost Accounting Officer | NN Belgium | Brussels-Midi
NN is a life insurance provider with big ambitions in Belgium. We protect what is most important for our clients: their families. We see this as a deeply personal issue, and want to stand out in that way.
With 1.4 million unique clients, 600 happy staff and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, we form part of a strong international group.
So potential colleagues who want to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our unique clients are particularly welcome at NN!
What will you contribute as a costs accountant?
As a financial expert in the Financial Accounting, Control & Treasury department, you will be responsible for entering and allocating costs, and will play an active role in migration to the new accounting software.
Are you the cost accountant we can count on?
While ‘dynamic’ and ‘variety’ appear as clichés in many job vacancies, they are none the less appropriate for this job. NN is on the move, and the Accounting, Control & Treasury department is moving with us. The transition to new a accounting software package, PeopleSoft, brings a wide range of interesting work with it. Variety? We’ve got it!
- As well as ensuring correct and meticulous accounting entries and cost allocations, you will also monitor supplier entries, control payroll processing and support the purchase process.
- You will take responsibility for handling costs-related tax matters, such as VAT and the completion of 281.50 tax declarations.
- You will also support the cost accounting team leader, and be an important partner in financial integration projects in which you’ll take a proactive approach to developing innovations and the optimisation of cost accounting processes.
What skills can you bring to us?
At NN, everything depends on authenticity and on stimulating the unique qualities of our staff. You are unique, and you have a degree in finance, economics or accounting. You have 3-4 years’ relevant work experience and an outstanding knowledge of BE-GAAP standards and IFRSs. The work calls for flexibility and cooperation between team members. You are helpful, and concerned not just for your own results but also for those of your colleagues, in a collaborative approach.
- You are a pragmatic self-starter with strong analytical skills, able to take a helicopter view. You have the intelligence to distinguish important from secondary issues, to see logical connections quickly, to ask the right questions and to listen.
- With a talent for planning and organising, you can prioritise in an effective, targeted way. You use your time efficiently, and you make the best use of the available resources. You are good at anticipating possible bottlenecks, and you make sure that you are always up to date with the latest position.
- Computer skills and complete familiarity with MS Office are a must.
- You speak fluent Dutch or French, with a good knowledge of the other language. You can also express yourself reasonably well in English, both spoken and written.
We ask a lot, but you’ll receive a lot in return.
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you, authentic and committed, who want to give the best of themselves for our clients, with fresh ideas and a drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and obvious. But above all, people with a unique personality that makes them stand out. So knowing yourself is key. We value that at NN! How?
- From us you can expect an attractive salary, supplemented with benefits such as group and hospitalisation insurance, luncheon vouchers and ecocheques, 20 days annual leave and 12 compensation days.
- You get the chance to discover and develop your unique talents to help you move your career forward. The offer is broad: customised training pathways, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning, …
- At NN we know how important relaxation is! That’s why we aim for a good balance between work and private life. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group classes make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creativity another nudge, we also provide a smart, fully modernised working environment where you can feel at home, located in lively Brussels, literally right beside Brussels-Midi station.
Want to apply: will you come and make a difference with us?
We want your talent and your unique personality! As a cost accountant, help shape our business and our corporate culture. Apply now and send us your CV and covering letter via the button.