Coordinator Supervisory Relations
If you like to combine expertise on a wide variety of insurance and regulatory related topics, and if you are a strong advisor to senior management, this is the job for you! We would love to meet you if you are able to build and maintain solid working relationships and are strong in stakeholder management. You are an excellent navigator of sensitivities and dynamics – thereby always working towards ensuring an open, constructive and professional relationship with our company’s supervisors.
Your added value as Coordinator Supervisory Relations at NN
In the international head office of NN Group, you work closely with your colleagues in the PGA team (5 people), and you are responsible for coordinating the engagement with the Dutch supervisors. These responsibilities include:
- Advise the company’s Management Board (MB), and senior management, on the engagement with supervisors. This includes the analysis of specific topics, and the preparations of (and follow-up to) meetings with our supervisors.
- Ensure and maintain a complete overview of interactions of NN Group with supervisors, and report regularly to NN senior management and other internal stakeholders about these interactions.
- Be NN Group’s first point of contact for supervisors. Regularly align with supervisors about their plans and programs, and the potential impact on NN – and be in contact on this with internal stakeholders.
The objectives on the agenda
Our team is responsible for engaging with external stakeholders, such as regulators, politicians, civil servants, industry associations and public opinion leaders. Therefore, as a part of the Corporate Relations department, we play a key role in positioning NN Group, and the company’s senior management. The PGA team has an international focus, with a distinct role in the Dutch market. When it concerns Group affairs (for example matters involving strategy, governance or capital) this coordinating and advisory role extends to the company’s Business Units (BUs).
The department consists of the following teams:
- Public & Government Affairs
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Citizenship
The Corporate Relations department has ca.47 employees and is steered by the Corporate Relations Management Team.
- Provide quality assurance with regard to the company’s formal correspondence with supervisors.
- Coordinate NN’s engagement with Dutch supervisors, together with NN contact persons in the business units that separately fall under supervision, and with other NN Group staff functions.
- Be a central contact point for the NN business units (Dutch and international) for questions and advice on engagement with supervisors.
- Align with your colleagues in the PGA team about supervisory issues that have an impact on existing regulations.
- In that context, advise – after due analysis of the environment, the specific situation and the parties involved – the NN Group Management Board, and senior management, on external reputation and strategic public affairs issues.
As an experienced professional, you strive for continuous development. Our appreciation for colleagues is reflected in our conditions of employment. We offer you:
- An interesting position in a dynamic, international environment, and a professional and fun team – in which initiative, integrity and empathy for what matters most to our customers, employees and other stakeholders is highly valued
- A position in Communication specialist 3 (Hay level 18) depending on knowledge and experience
We make our financial services relevant and more personal. You help us go above and beyond when providing the very best service. We believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and our most important motivator. We have a number of subsidiaries as we have grown: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
At every stage of your career employment conditions play a significant role. Therefore, we are financially well arranged: you will receive your holiday allowance and 13th month with your salary every month.. As a Coordinator Supervisory Relations, you will work from our office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via public transport and the A12.
Critical skills of a Coordinator Supervisory Relations
- Education level: Master's degree
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, both in Dutch and English
- Proven track record working in a complex and regulated (publicly listed) organisation
- Highly developed communication, negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to act as a senior advisor to the Management Board
- Active external or internal network
- Good knowledge of financial (regulatory) issues, in particular in insurance (Life, Non-Life, Pensions and Distribution) and/or investment management
- Broad working experience in an international environment, preferably in financial services business
- Proven knowledge of, and affinity with, financial services and familiar with discussing financial and corporate issues with professionals in a corporate staff environment
- At ease in a corporate culture and experience in working with senior management
- Dutch speaking is preferable
- You have an enthusiastic, friendly, approachable personality
- You are pro-active and pragmatic, with a flexible attitude
- You act with integrity and are sensitive to dynamics, you are able to ‘read the undercurrent’
- You are a ‘go-doer’ and operate effectively and professionally when pressure increases
- You are a team player with problem solving and issue management skills, a keen eye for business, an open mind and a genuine interest in regulatory / supervisory and reputational issues
- You like to work and communicate with diverse groups of people in different cultural, functional and geographical environments
- You are skilled in building effective professional networks
- You know how to handle (price sensitive / confidential) information with discretion
- You are a good communicator internally with highly developed persuading and influencing skills
- The CR/PGA team works with price sensitive and confidential information
- Given the crucial relationship with supervisors, the PGA team at times needs to be on stand-by 24/7
Commit to NN
We truly value your knowledge and expertise. We believe you will bring our organisation to the next level. Therefore, we would like to meet you. Upload you resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job or the application process? Please call Ralph Roels, Senior Recruiter, via +31(0)655348378.