Nationale-Nederlanden, as all international companies, has a complex IT infrastructure. Because of the business services Nationale-Nederlanden delivers, (IT) security is taken very seriously. Amongst other activities, the IT Security department is responsible for guaranteeing that (external) connections are sufficiently secured (related to the kind of information which is transmitted).
Nationale-Nederlanden has created an independent committee which oversees the security of connections which cross a trust boundary. This committee does not only check consistency within connections, but the connections are also assessed on technical aspects (encryption, firewall security, handshakes, etcetera).
As a Security Specialist you will be part of the review committee and you will be required to:
- Review external connection designs and ensure that the connections complies with the Nationale-Nederlanden Harmonized Review Criteria (minimum standards);
- Assess the quality of answers (based on a review) provided by the requestor of an connection;
- Consult/assist Nationale-Nederlanden Business Units when required with activities related to connection design;
- Participate in improving the review process and documentation. The role requires relevant certifications in terms of IT Infrastructure and networking, Security (CISSP e.g.), experience in network management and monitoring, and the ability to work independently and with excellent communication skills in English and Dutch.
Your main responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with the internal/external network standards, regulations, principles and guidelines;
- Review network designs and provide feedback on possible connection/network risks;
- Provide consultancy on the points above to the different business units.
Your experience and skills:
- Sound security skills (e.g. CISSP);
- FW security solutions;
- Load balancers and proxy servers;
- (Network) security subjects such as: o PKI o SSL/TLS o Encryption;
- Cloud; o Azure o AWS - VoIP;
- Experience with Global WAN vendors (Verizon, KPN, Colt etc.);
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong communication (Dutch and English) and collaboration skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Flexible and stress-resistant.
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere and collegiality;
- The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client and with an eye for society together;
- Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
This is a function in scale 11 for 36-40 hours and the location is Den Haag.
We are looking for a candidate that can start on short notice. Do you recognise yourself in the profile and are you interested in working for NN? Please send us your resume and motivation, also stating your salary or rate indication.
Note: we apply a 2% early payment discount when NN pays the invoices within 8 days.