Compliance officer Team Head Office
Do you want to work in a fast-paced, challenging international environment? Do you combine an intrinsic motivation to safeguard ethical conduct with a thorough understanding of the insurance and business, its challenges and its needs? Please join the Corporate Compliance team of NN Group. NN aspires to truly matter in the lives of its customers by supporting them to secure their financial futures. Within the Corporate Compliance team of this global insurance and asset management company, we strive to deliver high quality support to all businesses and Head Office/Corporate Departments with the objective of adding value to our business, our customers, our employees, our shareholders and society at large. In our daily operations, we bring NN’s values -Clear, Care, Commit- to life.
In this role you will combine the responsibility to support and oversee a portfolio of Head Office departments with the responsibility to develop/maintain a strong Group-wide Centre of Excellence on a relevant risk related to the Compliance domain. You will act as a business partner to the Heads and other stakeholders in the departments. You will develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the departments in your portfolio and in your assessment of Compliance related risk, you take developments in the in- and external operating environment into account.
You will work in a small team. Providing mutual support is important, as is sharing and gathering knowledge.
Based on your own knowledge level, skill set and preference, you will also participate in projects to improve the control environment within NN, which are set out in our year plan.
Meet your team
The NN Corporate Compliance team consists of 24 employees, managed by the Chief Compliance Officer with 3 managers. The team consists of employees that support and oversee the business and develop and maintain Group-wide Centres of Excellence (Customer Suitability, Financial Economic Crime, Inside Information, Conflict of Interests and laws like PRIIPS and IDD, FATCA and CRS). In addition, the team operates a number of shared services (regarding client/business partner screening, personal account dealing and filing reports to regulators regarding our share in other stock listed companies). The team is also responsible for a well-functioning Whistle Blowing procedure.
Within the Compliance function, we aim for constructive cooperation between ourselves, our colleagues in the business units and other control functions and our colleagues that drive the business. As an organisation as well as a function are in a continuous learning cycle to increase our performance in an effective and efficient way. This means that we question what we do and how we do that and look for smarter ways if possible.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree or similar level of education, preferably in the area of Law, Finance, Economics or Business Administration;
- Minimum of 8 years of working experience, preferably in the commercial sector of which a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the financial services industry;
- Good understanding of and experience in financial industry;
- Knowledge of and affinity with financial products and instruments.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Pragmatist, ability to make complicated things simple;
- Organisation sensitive;
- Influencing skills;
- Team player;
- Flexible on process side, show stamina on the content;
- Honest and discrete;
- Accurate, consistent and organised;
- Fluency in English.
As a compliance officer, your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication.
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself; craftsmanship and development are our top priority.
- The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client, the company and our business partners.
- Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
- The job is for 36 working hours a week and the location is The Hague.
- A position in job grade 12 with a salary, hay level 18, depending on knowledge and experience
How to apply
Would you like to comment on this job? Then apply directly via the button under this vacancy.
Do you have questions or would you like more information about the function, call Pieter Thissen , telephone +31 6 15066009, or via mail Pieter.Thissen@nn-group.com.
Questions about the application process? Call Sr. Recruiter Ralph Roels, telephone +31 655348378.
Attention point: only applications with CV and motivation letter will be taken in to consideration.
An assessment can be part of the application.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
More information about our application process can be found here.