Compliance officer support and oversight International
Do you want to work in a fast-paced, challenging international environment? Do you combine an intrinsic motivation to safeguard ethical conduct with a thorough understanding of the insurance business, its challenges and its needs? Please join the Corporate Compliance team of NN Group. NN aspires to truly matter in the lives of its customers by supporting them to secure their financial futures. Within the Corporate Compliance team, we strive to deliver high quality support to all businesses and Corporate Departments with the objective of adding value to our business, our customers, our employees, our shareholders and society at large. In our daily operations, we bring NN’s values -Clear, Care, Commit- to life.
In this role you will -over time- combine the responsibility to support and oversee a portfolio of business units with the responsibility to co-develop / maintain a strong Group-wide Centre of Excellence on a specific Compliance topic or risk. You will develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the business units in your portfolio and in your assessment of Compliance related risk, you take developments in the in- and external operating environment into account.
You will work in a small team. Providing mutual support is important, as is sharing and gathering knowledge. The job involves regular travel.
Meet your team
The NN Corporate Compliance team consists of 20 employees, managed by the Chief Compliance Officer with 3 managers. The team consists of employees that support and oversee the business and develop and maintain Group-wide Centres of Excellence (Customer Suitability, Financial Economic Crime, Inside Information, Conflict of Interests and laws like PRIIPS and IDD, FATCA and CRS). In addition, the team operates a number of shared services (regarding client/business partner screening, personal account dealing and filing reports to regulators regarding our share in other stock listed companies). The team is also responsible for a well-functioning Whistleblowing procedure.
Within the Compliance function, we aim for constructive cooperation between ourselves, our colleagues in the business units and other control functions and our colleagues that drive the business. As an organisation as well as a function we are in a continuous learning cycle to increase our performance in an effective and efficient way. This means that we question what we do and how we do that and look for smarter ways if possible.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree or similar level of education, preferably in the area of Law, Finance, International Relations, Economics or Business Administration;
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience, preferably in the financial services industry;
- Understanding of and experience in the insurance industry;
- Knowledge of and affinity with financial products, distribution channels and sales processes
- Excellent communication skills;
- Pragmatist, ability to make complicated things simple;
- Organisation sensitive;
- Flexible on process side, show stamina on the content;
- Honest and discrete;
- Accurate, consistent and organised;
- Fluency in English.
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication.
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself; craftsmanship and development are our top priority.
- The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client, the company and our business partners.
- Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
- The job is for 36 working hours a week and the location is Den Haag
- A position in job grade 11/12 with a salary, depending on knowledge and experience;
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly via our site.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. Would you like to comment on this job? Then apply directly via the button under this vacancy.
Questions about the application process? Call Sr. Recruiter Ralph Roels, telephone +31 655348378.
Attention point: only applications with CV and motivation letter will be taken in to consideration.
An assessment can be part of the application.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.