Compliance Officer Operations and Support
Working in a fast-paced, challenging international environment where you combine an intrinsic motivation to safeguard ethical conduct with a thorough understanding of the insurance business, its challenges and its needs.
Your impact as a Compliance Officer Operations and Support at NN
NN aspires to truly matter in the lives of its customers by helping them to secure their financial futures. Within the Corporate Compliance team of this global insurance company, we strive to deliver high quality support to all businesses and Corporate Departments with the objective of adding value to our business, our customers, our employees, our shareholders and society at large. In our daily operations, we bring NN’s values -Clear, Care, Commit- to life.
What your analyses deliver
You will work in a small team. Providing mutual support is important, as is sharing and gathering knowledge. The Operations and Support Team is involved in and responsible for several operational shared service like:
- The daily monitoring of Personal Trading by NN colleagues who are subject to the insiders regulations;
- The daily monitoring of name screening to mitigate the risk of Money laundering, sanctions and terrorist financing;
- The daily monitoring of disclosures to regulators around the globe regarding equity on Group Level.
The main activities are based on supporting the Compliance department with operational and administrative tasks e.g. relating to Personal Account Dealing, Financial Economic Crime and disclosures of equity like:
- processing/monitoring applications of insiders (insider registration process);
- managing Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s) regarding project insiders;
- pre-screening of private investment transactions by insiders and performing monitoring activities (e.g. Reconciliation of data from different systems);
- communicating with internal clients (Compliance colleagues/employees e.g. insiders about Personal Account Dealing, Insider regulation, approval procedure (e.g. support desk for insider; contributing to awareness activities);
- dealing with violations of the insider regulations in cooperation with business departments;
- perform Operational FEC screening using FIRCOSOFT Tool and deploy it for Business Units;
- daily monitoring of aggregated holding and Nett Short Positions (NSP) of NN-Group;
- making disclosures to regulators and other stakeholders on aggregated holdings and NSP of NN- Group;
- liaise with and provide advice to colleagues from business units, asset management and (external) legal counsels regarding the requirements for the filings;
- liaise with regulators worldwide regarding disclosures where needed.
Here at NN, care is a core value – care for our customers as well as our employees. You care for our customers’ needs, and as your employer, NN cares for yours. We offer great development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. For your career development, we offer you a dynamic environment in an international setting with great challenges on Compliance themes, risks and solutions. A inhouse international onboarding experience, on the job training, the possibility to attend international courses and knowledge sessions are part of the deal when you work in the Corporate Compliance department of NN-Group.
Everything we do, we do together. Whether developing new policies to keep pace with the latest changes, doing in depth Compliance Risk assessments, monitoring conduct and business behavior or creating and developing new supporting materials for the Business. This is done in a professional atmosphere that encourages collegiality and open communication. You will work with a team of experts who want to achieve the best for the customer, our organisation and various stakeholders. In an environment where no work day is the same, we keep each other razor-sharp by asking the right questions and providing constructive criticism. In this way, we help each other to excel.
The NN Corporate Compliance team consists of 20+ employees, managed by the Chief Compliance Officer with 3 managers. The team consists of employees that support and oversee the business and develop and maintain Group-wide Centres of Excellence (Customer Suitability, Financial Economic Crime, Inside Information, Conflict of Interests and laws like PRIIPS and IDD, FATCA and CRS). In addition, the team operates a number of shared services (regarding client/business partner screening, personal account dealing and filing reports to regulators regarding our share in other stock listed companies). The team is also responsible for a well-functioning Whistle Blowing procedure.
Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal.
You help us go above and beyond when providing the very best customer service. We believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and our most important motivator. As a company, we have set up a number of subsidiaries as we have grown: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits. For example, you have the option of taking extra vacation days. We are also working towards implementing Choose your own Device. You will receive your holiday allowance and year-end bonus with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you. As a Compliance Officer Operations and Support, you will work from our beautiful office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via the A12. The beach is just around the corner, and we have our very own FIT20 and private NN Café. What more could you want?
Critical skills of a Compliance Officer Operations and Support
In this team providing mutual support is very important, as is sharing and gathering knowledge.
Based on your own knowledge level, skill set and preference, you will participate in projects to improve the control environment within NN, which are set out in our year plan. You are flexible, a true team player and in possession of excellent communication skills.
Furthermore we need you to recognise the following:
- IT savvy
- Pragmatist, ability to make complicated things simple
- Influencing skills
- Hands on, can do mentality
- Fluency in English
Commit to NN
Are you able to guide NN toward our future with smart and innovative Compliance skills? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job and/or about the application process? Please contact Ralph Roels via +31(0)6 55348378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.