Compliance officer Credo
Do you want to work in a fast-paced, challenging international environment? Do you combine an intrinsic motivation to safeguard ethical conduct with a thorough understanding of the insurance and asset management business, its challenges and its needs? Please join the Corporate Compliance team of NN Group. NN aspires to truly matter in the lives of its customers by supporting them to secure their financial futures. Within the Corporate Compliance team of this global insurance and asset management company, we strive to deliver high quality support to all businesses and Corporate Departments with the objective of adding value to our business, our customers, our employees, our shareholders and society at large. In our daily operations, we bring NN’s values -Clear, Care, Commit- to life.
In this role you will contribute to a mature Corporate Compliance function by bringing in expertise on the Compliance Reporting on Disclosure Obligations process (CREDO).
For the CREDO team the main activity of the Compliance Officer function is to monitor the substantial shareholding and short selling positions and to disclose certain positions to regulators worldwide.
You are responsible, amongst others, for:
• Strict daily monitoring of aggregated holding and Nett Short Positions (NSP) of NN-Group
• Make disclosures to regulators and other stakeholders on aggregated holdings and NSP of NN- Group. The timelines for disclosing to regulators are very short (1-4 days)
• Liaise with colleagues from business units, asset management and (external) legal counsels regarding the requirements for the filings
• Liaise with regulators worldwide regarding disclosures where needed
• Ensure, together with colleagues maintaining the data warehouse, the proper data quality of the daily reports by the delivering business units
• Review and update current work processes
• Provide advice and support to the delivering business units, and report management information to management of business units and senior management
• Research on and maintenance of lists (e.g. Global Short Selling List, affiliate broker list)
In addition, based on your own knowledge level, skill set and preference, you will participate in projects to improve the control environment within NN, which are set out in our year plan.
Meet your team
The NN Corporate Compliance team consists of 20 employees, managed by the Chief Compliance Officer with 3 managers. The team consists of employees that support and oversee the business and develop and maintain Group-wide Centres of Excellence (Customer Suitability, Financial Economic Crime, Inside Information, Conflict of Interests and laws like PRIIPS and IDD, FATCA and CRS). In addition, the team operates a number of shared services (regarding client/business partner screening, personal account dealing and filing reports to regulators regarding our share in other stock listed companies). The team is also responsible for a well-functioning Whistle Blowing procedure.
Within the Compliance function, we aim for constructive cooperation between ourselves, our colleagues in the business units and other control functions and our colleagues that drive the business. As an organisation as well as a function are in a continuous learning cycle to increase our performance in an effective and efficient way. This means that we question what we do and how we do that and look for smarter ways if possible.
• University or Bachelor’s Degree or similar level of education, preferably in the area of Finance, Economics or Business Administration with a legal focus
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in the financial services industry
• Good understanding of and experience in asset management and/or securities industry
• Good knowledge of and affinity with financial instruments and investments
• Strong understanding of and interest in IT systems as well as good knowledge of Excel (experienced level)
• Language skills: Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, at all levels within the organisation
• Organisation sensitive, diplomatic
• Able to understand and interpret legislation and liaison with (external) legal counsel;
• Influencing skills
• Strong analytic skills
• Affinity with IT systems and being able to process file formats such as XLS, CSV and XML
• Accurate, consistent and organised
As a Compliance officer on CREDO, your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you:
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
o A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication.
o Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself; craftsmanship and development are our top priority.
o The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client, the company and our business partners.
o Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
o The job is for 36 working hours a week and the location is Den Haag
o A position in job grade 11 with a salary, depending on knowledge and experience;
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Dennis Damoiseaux, Recruiter, via email@example.com , of +31 6 82 999 606 . Do you have questions or would you like more information about the function, call Marjolein Thole , telephone +31 6 52078758, or via mail Marjolein.firstname.lastname@example.org.