Being an Engineer is hard. Actually, that’s not entirely true. Anybody can make scripts to build, call it a pipeline, and execute it a couple of times.
Being a great Engineer is harder. Development skills are essential, but it doesn’t matter how fast your team delivers and how good your quality is, you have to deliver the right thing every day. Identifying and expressing that ‘right thing’ at every level of detail is a big job.
You should enjoy and even advocate an engineering culture and love being part of a high-performance, self-managing team if you want to become an Cloud Engineer on our Server Operating Systems team. Your 1st priority will be engineering Windows Server golden images (with Linux as a close 2nd) so in-depth Windows knowledge is a bonified prerequisite.
What will you do?
As an Engineer you are a strong, pragmatic person with the ability to execute on Server (Windows and Linux) delivery.
You are responsible for:
- Hardening Windows with Desired State Configuration
- Creating golden images for multiple Windows (Server) versions
- Creating everything in code/automation using Azure DevOps Services or sort-like tooling
- Collaborating with other IT teams that will create servers based on a your images
- Implementing financial compliancy rules
- Handling environments in AWS and Azure
- Innovation, CI/CD and infrastructure-as-code.
You will spend a lot of your time working together with your team members to get the job done. This means the following activities will also be part of your responsibilities:
- Automate processes (e.g. security, infra provisioning, compliance)
- Second-day operations (e.g. monitoring, billing, incidents)
- Advise on the use of new cloud native solutions
Meet your team
You will be part of the cloud team that provides our business with easy-to-use and secure cloud (custom) images on which they can run servers and their applications. We welcome creative engineers and technology enthusiasts who enjoy being challenged by technical problems, with a strong desire to make services better for our users.
We're looking for people like you who can help us embed an awesome culture and improve it over time. People who use their intelligence and whatever tools make sense to get the job done. People who love to stand on the shoulders of giants and collaborate to solve new problems and thrive in a rapidly innovating space.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for CIO.
- BSc / MSc degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Certified Windows Server expertise
- Experience as a Windows engineer, preferably in a technical software development environment
- Being able to explain complex issues to inexperienced people
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Understanding of coding/scripting in Python / Bash / Powershell
- The following certifications are highly desired or expected to be achieved:
- Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- Certified Developer – Associate
- Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- The opportunity to play an important role in driving change within our business and to join a high-performance team on a journey of change.
- We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet
- Freedom, tooling and fun
- The job is for 36 hours a week and the location is The Hague
- A position in job grade 9 or 10. DevOps Infra level 1 or 2. Haylevel 16 or 17. Scaling depends on knowledge and experience
- A one-year contract
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job, please contact Leon Kortekaas +31 (0)6 41 51 78 34.
If you have any questions about the application procedure you can contact Recruiter Anouk Mastwijk via Phone or Whatsapp at 06- 1527 2039 (please mention the job ID in your message).
More information about our application process can be found here.