Cloud Engineer Quant Development
Are you a software engineer who believes that Cloud is the future or, actually, the present for distributed applications? Do you want to make tangible business impact with your work? Please read further because this job opportunity may be for you.
As Cloud Engineer Quant Development, you will be playing a primary role in enhancing the NN Risk Systems in the Cloud. Our goal is to gradually move all risk systems to Microsoft Azure, in order to increase maintainability, improve performance and reduce costs.
As of day 1, your main responsibilities will lie in the following areas:
- Contribute to the further development of the NN Risk Systems, where Cloud is a key part of the overall strategy
- Contribute to further improve the architecture of the Cloud risk applications, taking into account all relevant aspects such as security, performance, user experience and cost
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines to further automate testing and deployments
- Write high quality C# code, including unit and regression tests
- Work in an agile DevOps team with tools and technologies such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, Azure Cloud services, (ASP) .NET (Core), SQL, Entity Framework (Core), Git, JIRA, ReSharper, RESTful API, SonarQube.
Meet your team
The Quant Development team is part of the Group Enterprise Risk Management department at the head office of NN Group. The team develops and maintains computationally intensive applications implementing the NN risk methodology. The applications are critical to accomplish the mission of the NN Group Risk department, which is to keep the company safe. In the team, quantitative analysts/developers who master the mathematical methodologies work together with IT people in order to implement state of the art production systems. We believe to create a competitive advantage for NN by developing the Risk Systems in-house. The Quant Development team is split across two locations (The Hague and Budapest), so working with international colleagues is part of everyday life. NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for NN Group.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong interest for Cloud and proven hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure. In particular, ability to build and troubleshoot pipelines, exposure to moving applications to the Cloud or developing Cloud native systems in either a IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) or PaaS (Platform as a Service) setup, including practical experience with Cloud native components such as blob storage, function apps, key vaults, etc.
- Passion for programming. Ability to write clear and well-structured code in object oriented programming languages (C#), including graphical user interfaces, interaction with databases and with client applications
- Can-do mentality; willingness to challenge the status quo and build maintainable solutions that add value for our customers; ability to think in terms of product, so all aspects from design and security all the way up to production support and functional documentation
- Excellent communication skills in English and cooperative spirit
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of a well-established team that delivers state of the art production systems. You will learn by doing. Your senior colleagues will also support you in your learning process. Training budget is available to strengthen your technical skills
- The job is for 36/40 working hours a week and the location is The Hague. There is the possibility to work from home for some percentage of your time in agreement with your manager and your colleagues. Leave hours and other benefits are in accordance to the NN CLA (Collective Labor Agreement). Travelling to Budapest may occasionally be beneficial to complete projects in cooperation with our colleagues over there.
- A position in job family DevOps Applications with level 1/2/3 (Hay Level 16/17/18, old function scale 10/11/12); the actual level will depend on your knowledge and experience
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy. Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job, please call recruiter Ralph Roels on +31 655348378.
More information about our application process can be found here.