Do you have a passion for the latest Cloud and CI/CD technology? Do you thrive in fun yet challenging environments? Do you love to automate complex IT systems? We have an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer in our Support team. If you want to help us build an engineering culture and being part of a high-performance, self-managing team.
Within the Pension Services Support team we offer expertise to the DevOps teams when it comes Cloud / IT4IT, Service Management, Testing and Test management. New initiatives are positioned as Cloud based solutions and we are looking for someone to support the teams in their Cloud journey and help create and design solutions. Pension Services is adopting new technology to reduce complexity, remain competitive and offer added value for the Business. To be successful, we need to harvest our capabilities with respect to Cloud, IT4IT and automation.
We are looking for a talented engineer who has a broad experience. The ideal candidate has solid engineering knowledge, is intimately familiar with the operational aspects of large-scale systems, understands the value of full automation and has the ambition to become the best cloud and CI/CD engineer there is.
The role of Cloud DevOps Engineer is a blend of architecture, design, automation, security, development and support. It is a hands-on technical position in a fast-paced atmosphere. The ideal candidate strives to solve traditional problems through automation and software. In addition, the candidate must uphold a high standard of excellence, have a strong customer focus and be capable of technical deep-dives into cloud platforms and components, code, database, load balancer, network, operating systems, and storage.
You will be responsible for engineering Cloud and CI/CD solutions together with our DevOps teams. The adoption by the DevOps teams will grow over time and so will the responsibilities and activities of the teams.
Eventually your responsibilities will be focused on:
- Innovation: following new trends, products/components and tools and evaluating usefulness
- Advise, design and develop new cloud (native) solutions
- Support DevOps teams in adopting Cloud and IT4IT
Meet the team
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit NN Life
You will be part of the Cloud team that provides our business with easy-to-use and secure cloud and other platform services on which they can run their application and can use as a platform for innovation.
We welcome creative engineers and technology enthusiasts who enjoy being challenged by technical problems, with a strong desire to make services better for our users.
We're looking for people like you who can help us embed an awesome culture and improve it over time. People who use their intelligence and whatever tools make sense to get the job done. People who love to stand on the shoulders of giants and collaborate to solve new problems and thrive in a rapidly innovating space.
You will be part of the Support team and we expect you to have or build knowledge of build, test and deployment tools (CI/CD tools like Artifactory, SonarQube and Azure DevOps).
Within Cloud we expect a T-shaped skill set. Essentially, the T-shaped concept is a metaphor for the depth and breadth of an individual’s skills. The vertical bar on the ‘T’ represents the depth of related skills and expertise in a single field, whereas the horizontal bar represents a breadth of skills and the ability to collaborate across disciplines with experts in other areas and to apply knowledge in areas of expertise other than the individual’s own area.
To be successful in this job, you need to have experience in developing software (preferably C#) and have a good understanding of infrastructural architecture such as operating systems, databases, network components, etc.
Automating processes and work is second nature to you and you are aware of the complexity of automation within a large and complex financial institution.
Working in IT requires continuous learning, even more so within Cloud. You are used to keeping up with the latest developments, not only by continuous learning but also by being aware of the developments in the market. You have experience of translating customer needs into technical solutions.
- a BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical field;
- one or more cloud certifications and be willing to achieve other certificates before or after starting with us, like General Cloud concepts/Cloud fundamental training or Azure (one of the following): Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions or Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions;
- Preferably 2 or more years experience. Talented starters can also apply. Then you will at first be focused on learning together with the teams and broaden your experience and knowledge on the job;
- Solid skills in coding/scripting, ideally C#, Python, Bash or PowerShell;
- Experience of version control systems (GIT).
You like to work with:
- CI/CD tooling: VSTS, GitlabCI, Ansible, Packer, Azure Devops;
- Networking: strong understanding of TCP/IP and UDP, subnetting, firewalls, VPNs;
- Systems Administration and Engineering: emphasis on RHEL and Windows Server;
- Security: Implementing security guidelines, solutions for cloud;
- Containerisation: Docker;
- Monitoring: Splunk, OMS, Cloudwatch;
- Agile practices: Scrum, DevOps, Kanban.
Additionally your qualities are very important to us:
- High learning agility;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations and written communication;
- Collaboration skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution;
- Strong skills as trusted adviser and technical subject matter expert;
- Takes initiative;
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- Work that stretches you technically is a given. We offer the opportunity to play an important role in driving change within our business and to support our teams in their journey of change. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we will give you the freedom, the tools and the fun, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before;
- The job is for 36 working hours a week and the location is Rotterdam;
- DevOps Application level 3 – Haylevel 18 – NN Scale 11 - depending on knowledge and experience;
- A one- year contract.
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job, please contact Mirjam Moerkamp at Mirjam.Moerkamp@nn.nl. Do you have questions about the application process? Please call or WhatsApp Jordi Spijker on the number 06-215 875 92
More information about our application process can be found here.