Chapter Lead “Financial & Risk Engineering”
The Solution Delivery department (part of Technology & Operations department) of NN Investment Partners is looking for a Chapter Lead “Financial & Risk Engineering”.
Financial & Risk Engineering Chapter
The Financial & Risk Engineering Chapter enables NN Investment Partners to manage risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices / tools which protect its customers while capturing business opportunities.
The Financial & Risk Engineering Chapter partners with the business and ensures that management, escalation and monitoring of risk is supported by Technology.
Chapter Lead role
The Chapter Lead role focuses on:
- HR management and development of staff - key skill sets and personal development
- IT capabilities for the organization – tools, technologies and strategy for getting there
- Contribution to delivery as a scrum team member
HR Management and development:
As a Chapter Lead you will be leading, developing and managing engineers in your field.You will gain fulfilment from sharing your knowledge with others and enjoy coaching (on knowledge, skills, competences and behavior) to get the best out of people. You will utilize your knowledge and leadership to maximize team performance.
- Facilitates the personal development and performance evaluation of the Chapter members
- Assists and guides in the selection of appropriate training courses and development tools
- Challenges chapter members to continuously improve the current processes
- Coaches team on functional level (Risk & IT Expertise) as on behavioral level (fostering an ‘engineering culture’)
- Performs target Setting,performance evaluation and personal / career development of chapter members
IT capabilities for the organization:
- Leads chapter in creating a vision, strategy and roadmap of the tooling, technologies and capabilities
- Leads chapter in proactively formulating recommendations on market trends, technical and organizational issues
- Excels in his / her discipline and helps developing, updating and embedding the expertise within the Domain. The Chapter Lead is a point of reference within his / her chapter and organization
- Works with the Product Owner to make sure that the scrum teams are appropriately resourced to realize the product backlog
Scrum team member
Next to the above mentioned responsibilities you will spend 50% or more of your time as a scrum team member in the Risk scrum team to further develop and maintain the various Risk Management applications that enable the business to manage market- and credit risk, and performance management and attribution.
- Works on delivery of the product backlog of Risk
- Supports the team in delivering the sprint planning
- Develops and maintains the lifecycle management of the various Risk applications
- Support and direct the life cycle (release) management of our applications and infrastructure through the development, test, acceptance and production environments.
- Focus on CI/CD and automated testing
- Provides production support in case of incidents
Skills & competencies
You have a mix of abilities and skills related to programming, quantitative, informatics, risk management and asset management. Evenly so important you have a proven experience in people management. Your leadership style is servant leadership.
Experience and competencies
- University degree, preferable on Informatics, Finance other quantitative discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience within asset management (IT or risk management areas)
- Proven experience in managing people
- Experience with and certifications on agile / scrum methodology
- Knowledge of financial products, portfolio management, risk management is a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Client/end-user oriented
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Analytical and eager to learn
- Fluent in English (and Dutch is a plus)
Knowledge and skills
- Asset Management
- Risk Management (Credit Risk, Market Risk)
- Security Modeling
- Risk analytics (Value-At-Risk, Stress Tests, Leverage, Liquidity)
- Java 8
- Web development technologies (i.e. AngularJS)
- < >
- R / Python (is a plus)
- Middleware (Open Source) (i.e. Mulesoft)
- XML, XSLT (i.e. XML Spy)
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
Holding or willing to acquire one or more of the following Certifications is a plus:
- FRM, PRM (Risk Management certification)
- CQF (Quantitative certification)
- OCP, MCSA (Programming / Java certification)
Quantitative background (mathematical and statistical affinity) and/or strong analytical skills.
Knowledge of Data Science/Mining techniques is also a plus.
Application & contact
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Elise Kapper, Senior Recruiter via email@example.com or +31 (0)70 37 81 136.
Third party applications are not accepted.