Your impact as a Business Information Architect
We are looking for an ambitious Business Information Architect / Data modeler for the set-up of the Finance & Risk Data Analytics Platform. The role of the Business Information Architect is to develop Application Data Models by providing thought leadership, business analysis and data organizational skills to the project.
Your role is to analyze database and business systems requirements in order to perform data modeling (high level conceptual business/data models, entity-relationship and dimensional logical data models, and detailed physical database design models). Working with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models. Working with other members of the development team to ensure all requirements are captured and reflected in the models. Record information requirements from design sessions. Reviews requirements already gathered by business analysts or application teams.
- Create functional and technical designs for as input for developers.
- Responsible for applying divisional enterprise business metadata standards to data and object models.
- Create and maintain data dictionary documents, table and data lineage models and produce artifacts to support project development.
- Analyze information and data requirements and understand effects of data inconsistencies.
- Ensure data integrity, consolidation, consistency and meta data development in conjunction with data architecture and information architecture professionals.
- Audit project level data model quality deliverables to ensure that practices and standards are met.
Critical Skills for a Business Information Architect
- Previous experience in Insurance - Finance/Risk domain (preferable in the context of Solvency II Financial reporting)
- An expert resource on matters of data architecture to business and IT project staff
- Has capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solution
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving
- Has the ability to meet deadlines and drive for results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel
- 10+ years’ experience as business analyst
- 5+ years’ of full-time data modeling
- Experience in Insurance Finance/ Risk domain
- Expert knowledge of metadata management, data modelling and data modeling tools (Power Designer)
- Expert knowledge of all DB design patterns
- Experience with enterprise big data platforms
- Experience in working with complex systems applications chain (building models to support the entire application chain)
- Good understanding of the latest Data technologies (ADLS, Databricks, ADF, SPARK)
- Exposure working in a Microsoft Azure Data Platform environment;
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) and DevOps way of working We offer:
- A modern international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in the financial services and technology
We would like to be clear about what to expect working as a freelancer at NN. Here you find important information.
Commit to NN
Interested? Please upload your resume by the application button