The purpose of this position is to assist the financial department of NN Belgium in the delivery of the challenging IFRS 9 & IFRS 17 projects.
These 2 projects closely linked together are part of an important NN Group Programme significantly impacting the finance and risk departments in every country where the NN Insurance group is represented. The main objective of this Programme is to meet the new IFRS standards enforcement dates by mean of implementing a brand new end-to-end group solution improving quality and efficiency in the IFRS reporting processes.
Joining the NN financial department will offer you participating in complex and highly-impacting projects for the department itself and for the company as a whole. You will also take part and be an active player in the designing of what the future financial department will be made of.
- Formulate and consolidate the various finance business requirements
- Analyze, elaborate and gather the various data requirements by collaborating with the company’s other impacted departments (mainly Risk and IT)
- Design the As-Is & To-Be solutions and processes translated from new IFRS legislations and evaluate the necessary efficiency improvements
- Build a bridge between Finance and IT by translating business requirements into a clear design
- Perform and/or assist in the needed test phases of the IFRS 17 solution along with other financial expert colleagues
- Take part in the change management activities within the financial department
- Also potentially participate and provide assistance in other ongoing financial projects
- 5-7 years’ experience of work, preferably in the Insurance business Finance/Risk fields
- Good Knowledge in insurance industry value chain & business processes
- IFRS or Solvency II previous experience
- Experience with formulation of business requirements
- Ability to connect finance and risk problematics
- Previous involvement in transformation projects
- Basic understanding of actuarial processes and outputs would be a plus
- Experience with Excel-PowerPoint-Visio
- Excellent command English written and spoken, French or Dutch are also necessary
- A Basic understanding of actuarial processes and outputs would be a plus
- Pragmantic and analtytical
- Stress resistant, flexible and able to respect the deadlines
- Proactive and not afraid to take ownership
- Problem solver
- A teamplayer and like to share your knowledge
The location of employment for this role is Fonsnylaan 38, 1060 Brussels.
NN is the number 4 in Belgium in the field of life insurance and belongs to a strong international group. NN Belgium offers financial services that fit your life: building up a nice pension, protection in case of disability and death. We aim for clarity, care and commitment in everything we do. Because what matters to you, matters to us.
We especially welcome colleagues who invest in making a positive impact on the life of other people: self-confident, considerate and authentic. Colleagues whose actions reflect who they are and what they stand for. We want to be a company where you can make a difference. With an open culture and a flat organisational structure. We operate in a way that allows everyone to propose good ideas, no matter what their role or level of experience. Ownership and entrepreneurship are critical here.
We want you to work with us to help shape our company and our company culture. We want you to grow in your job and your career. And we encourage you to come and discover a work environment that is completely focused on the future.