Business Analyst Data Applications Services & Support
Data Applications Support and Services (DASS) team is a new team (5 FTEs) and is part of CFO/Group Finance & Reporting/Service Centre Finance/Liability Accounting.
Your impact as a Business Analyst DASS at NN
As a Business Analyst in the Alfred DevOps team you will be mainly responsible for:
- The gathering and analysis of Business requirements for Alfred
- Translating these high level Business requirements in detailed requirements for Alfred where needed
- Aligning and agreeing with stakeholders on these requirements
- Definition of Functional Designs for the Alfred Developers based on the detailed requirements
- Assessing and updating the Logical Datamodel where needed
- Aligning with both Functional and Technical leads of Alfred as well as the rest of the DevOps team
The team is responsible for developing and functionally maintaining of the risk- and finance data environment (Alfred application) for internal and external reporting, for both the Dutch business units as well as the International business units. The most important activities for the coming period relate to IFRS17 programme deliverables. DASS team adopted the Agile way of working, and works closely with the IT colleagues that are actually part of the same DevOps team(s). The Agile transition is part of a larger initiative to instill a culture of continuous improvement, customer focus and operational excellence within the Finance organization.
Your focus will be on the Finance and Risk domains within the NN Group. More specifically the key focus areas will be the IFRS 17/9 Programme, Liability Accounting and Solvency 2.
Main goals are:
- Establishing the end-to-end IFRS 17/9 reporting chain
- Extending the Alfred DWH to include other areas of Finance and Risk
We also care about you
Just as you as our Business Analyst DASS indirectly care for our customers, we also take care of you. With great development opportunities and a pleasant working environment, you will have good reason to find going to work every day a pleasure. For your career development, we facilitate:
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Center.
- Industry-specific conferences (both in the Netherlands and across the border).
- In-house training and personal skills training.
Whatever we do, we do together in an environment full of freedom where your personality, talents and ideas count. For example, collaborating with another team is quite the norm and regularly leads to better outcomes. We have no thresholds within NN; everyone is readily accessible and willing to help each other.
Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal.
Whatever your supporting role within the business, you offer your honest opinion and enthusiastic approach to all you do. Your customer-oriented attitude helps to encourage your colleagues. Together with NN, you help the whole world through various CSR projects. Active in 18 countries with over 17 million customers, you understand our work must be faultless. We must continuously innovate and invest in an agile business model. Thanks to your professionalism we earn the trust of our customers within all our subsidiaries, and there are quite a few: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits. For example, you have the option of taking extra vacation days. We are also working towards implementing Choose your own Device. You will receive your holiday allowance and 13th month with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you.
As a Business Analyst, you will work from our beautiful office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via the A12. The beach is just around the corner, and we have our very own FIT20 and private NN Café. What more could you want?
Critical skills of a Business Analyst DASS
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a relevant work area and knowledge of the business line for which the work is being done. Due to your Academic work and thinking level you are able to solve problems in an analytical and logical matter.
- Accounting or actuarial background is required, knowledge of insurance is key
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 and/or Solvency II is preferred
- Experience with data analysis, data flow, functional designs, data modelling and data architecture
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- You are proactive, curious and capable to independently take charge of your responsibilities
- You have excellent communication skills; fluent in written and spoken Dutch and English
Commit to NN
Are you seeking a dynamic position in an organisation where you are constantly challenging yourself? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job or application process? Then please call Senior Recruiter, Ralph Roels, via +31 (0) 655348378.