Assistant (to the) Group Strategy & Corporate Development department
NN Group’s Group Strategy & Corporate Development department is looking for an assistant who will cover a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities. The department consists of two teams. The Corporate Development team is responsible for executing any acquisitions or divestments that NN Group may undertake. The Group Strategy team is responsible for advising the CEO and the Management Board on Group-wide-strategic projects. At this moment the team consists of 5 professionals but will be expanded to a team of nine professionals and as a result there is a vacancy for an assistant to the manager and team.
At a high-level, you’ll be responsible for:
- Planning, supporting and organizing the activities of the manager and team: taking care of all supporting work. This includes, managing calendar(s), scheduling appointments and making travel arrangements for the manager and team member(s) and consult with manager and team member(s) about priorities, scheduling issues and solutions Answering and screening of telephone calls and emails; directing calls and/or inquiries as appropriate or deals with it him/herself; initiating telecommunications;
- Ensuring proper retention and filing of documents and for timely destruction of materials as assigned;
- Execute various supportive tasks on behalf of the manager and team member(s) of the department
- Other duties as assigned
Additionally, you are together with other departments responsible to ensure that the team meet their (statutory) duties under the Dutch Corporate Governance Code, internal policies and procedures and other regulations.
Specific skills, capabilities and experience
- Highly motivated and proactive person who is hands-on with capability to initiate problem solving to get results quickly
- Not afraid to show some ownership , accepting responsibility and within his/her responsibilities, taking decisions
- Strong attention to detail and organisation
- Ability to self-manage, including to prioritize work(load)
- Strong follow-up skills through a careful system of organization
- High stress-tolerance, flexibility and able to cope with work pressure
- High level of discretion and strict adherence to privacy and confidentiality is required
- Customer oriented, and be comfortable and self-confident interacting with senior management
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptable attitude both in type of works/contacts
- Good knowledge of NN Group organization and sense of relations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Dutch and in English
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Previous experience working with board and / or senior management level is preferred.
What NN Group offers
We offer you:
- A fast-paced and dynamic, international work environment that allows you to work with the very senior leaders of NN Group as well as professional and expert colleagues.
- Plenty of opportunities to develop your career, skills and knowledge.
- Flexibility for working at home
- This is a full-time function and is located in The Hague.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Dennis Damoiseaux, Recruiter, via email@example.com , of +31 6 82 999 606 .