You are an ambitious professional who enjoys working at the center of a complex, international organization and you are now looking for a chance to broaden your perspective. As an Alternative Investment Operations Specialist you will have that opportunity. If you have a passion for the asset management industry and are a true alternative investment operations specialist with a clear focus on changes & improvements then this might be the perfect job for you!
Your department and challenge
The Private Placement Management (PPM) team is part of the Transaction Processing department within Operations and is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. PPM is responsible for the maintenance and administration of the alternative investments granted by NN Investment Partners on behalf of its clients. This includes company loans, EU Private Placements, US Private Placements, Government (related) loans, Export Credit Agency loans, Emerging Market Debt loans, Project Finance loans, Infrastructure loans and Commercial Real Estate loans. PPM is a key player in the organization facilitating the processes around the alternatives: for this purpose the stakeholders of the team are e.g. issuers, guarantors and loan agents, front office teams and (internal) lawyers. The team services both the front office (portfolio managers) as well as the back office (i.e. accounting) the best possible way to ensure correct & timely administration and maintenance of the contracts. The team is dedicated in providing the best service by being client focused, eager to improve processes by seeking for efficiency and proactive in staying up to date with market changes.
Your main responsibilities
- Support Front Office in loan feasibility assessment (including assessment of loan documentation).
- Administration of transactions in time, correct and accurate, e.g. setting up the instruments in our investment book of records and in our accounting book of records, executing of documents, initiating payments, etc.
- Handling life cycle events e.g. rollovers, interest renewals, waivers, amendments, etc.
- Assure alignment between PPM / Operations and Legal, loan agents, issuers and other stake holders on loans.
- Track market developments, participate in seminars, align with (external) partners on market trends.
- Assist staff with exception handling.
- Liaise with and support Portfolio Managers on new and existing investments.
- Single point of contact for our stake holders, both internal (e.g. accounting, front office) and external (e.g. lawyers, loan agents, debtors).
- Represent the department in interdepartmental meetings.
- Ensure changes and transitions impacting our processes are implemented in time and correct.
- Challenge our processes and seek continuous improvement with the objective to pursue efficiency, digitize & automate processes as much as possible.
- Facilitate stand up meetings, track & maintain back-log and prioritize change (Agile way of working).
- Seek technical solutions within our organization for challenges in our processes and implement these.
- Monitoring and quality control of processes, i.e. in time, accurate and correct admin & maintenance of loans.
- Participation in projects, e.g. seek alignment with our company strategy and translate these into concrete actions.
- Responsible for keeping the process and work description documents up to date.
Your experience and skills
- You have a higher educational level (HBO or WO), preferably with a focus on Finance or Economics
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the domain of Alternative Investments, preferably in an operational environment within the asset management industry.
- Experience with SimCorp Dimension and/or BlackRock Aladdin is a pre.
- Experience with the Agile way of working
- Experience in detecting inefficiencies in processes and improving these
- Fluency, written and verbal in Dutch and English
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Attention to detail, accurate & integer
- Change driven (continuous improvement)
- Ability to translate (impact) strategic direction
- Have a high pace, positive approach & can do mentality
- Independent, flexible, adaptable & decisive
- Ability to adapt communication style to audience requirements
- Pro-active team player, flexible
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver
- Customer oriented
Your team and challenge
As an Alternative Investment Operations Specialist you’ll be working in an international and dynamic environment. The vacancy for the position is situated within the Private Placements Management Team of the department Transaction Processing.
We offer you
- The opportunity to influence the future of an international asset manager
- An entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them
- A multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you and accelerate your career development
- Modern working conditions that give room for individual choice
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy. Any questions about the application process? Please call Mina Bahaj on +31 (0)615066245 More information about our application process can be found here.