Advisory Actuary / Flying Squad Actuary
NN RAS (Risk and Actuarial Services) now opens a position to an Advisory Actuary / Flying Squad Actuary. In this role you will be responsible for various tasks, based on various client needs, typically on shorter term (1-3 months) project basis. Namely you will be involved in supporting NN Group’s Head Office and European local entities risk and actuarial departments in specific temporary or regular activities. You will have a unique opportunity to leverage your proven expertise in modelling techniques and extend your business knowledge of various life insurance products and in IFRS 17.
Your impact as an Advisory Actuary / Flying Squad Actuary at NN
In the Advisory Actuary / Flying Squad Actuary role you will be responsible for various tasks, based on various client needs, typically on shorter term (1-3 months) project basis. Namely you will be involved in supporting NN Group’s Head Office and European local entities risk and actuarial departments in specific temporary or regular activities. You will have a unique opportunity to leverage your proven expertise in modelling techniques and extend your business knowledge of various life insurance products and in IFRS 17.
Using your own initiative and ambition, you achieve excellent results:
- Supporting NN Group’s Head Office and European local entities risk and actuarial departments in specific temporary or regular activities, such as
- Pricing, profit-testing, modelling, reserving, reporting and valuations (under local GAAP, EV, Solvency II principles),
- PRIIPs, ALM analyses,
- IFRS17 project,
- Model validation tasks,
- Quantitative modelling projects, focusing on Python and R developments.
- Good communication with all relevant stakeholders, mainly in English
We also care about you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- Challenging opportunity within an exciting multinational, yet informal work environment
- Becoming part of a hard-working, international team with professional and expert colleagues
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself: skills and development are high priorities at NN RAS
- International development possibilities: exposure to experts from actuarial but also other disciplines (in NN RAS and NN International entities) and the opportunity to learn from them
- Modern working conditions with plenty of room for personal choices
- The job is for 40 working hours a week and the base location is Budapest[GE1] , but the working location is flexible.
- A position in Hay Level 16/17, scaling depends on knowledge and experience
- An indefinite contract will be offered.[GE2] The position is open for long term assignments as well.
Whatever we do, we do together in an environment full of freedom where your personality, talents and ideas count. For example, collaborating with another team is quite the norm and regularly leads to better outcomes. We have no thresholds within NN; everyone is readily accessible and willing to help each other.
Meet your team
NN RAS (Risk and Actuarial Services) is an NN company supporting NN Group’s Head Office in The Hague, Netherlands as well as all European local entities, in actuarial and insurance mathematics related projects. NN RAS has about 30 employees and is located in the same building as NN Insurance Hungary in the city centre of Budapest.
The core tasks of NN Risk and Actuarial Services (NN RAS) are of cash flow and other quantitative model development and testing, process automation, giving trainings, economic scenario generation (ESG) and IFRS17. Employees typically rotate between these tasks. The team is international and depending on position can include travelling to our clients at NN entities across Europe.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for NN RAS[GE3] .[MMd(4]
Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal.
Whatever your supporting role within the business, you offer your honest opinion and enthusiastic approach to all you do. Your customer-oriented attitude helps to encourage your colleagues. Together with NN, you help the whole world through various CSR projects. Active in 18 countries with over 17 million customers, you understand our work must be faultless. We must continuously innovate and invest in an agile business model. Thanks to your professionalism we earn the trust of our customers within all our subsidiaries, and there are quite a few: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits.
As an Advisory Actuary / Flying Squad Actuary, you will work from our beautiful office located in Budapest, Atrium Office, which offers an easy connection.
Critical skills of an Advisory Actuary / Flying Squad Actuary
- University degree in Econometrics, Financial Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related discipline
- Excellent know-how in modelling techniques (preferably in AFM/R3S and/or Prophet and or MoSeS)
- Advanced know-how in statistical modelling techniques is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Python and/or R and/or SAS is an advantage
- Good understanding of insurance products and markets (knowledge of the Central European markets would be a plus)
- At least 5 years of experience in working in a (preferably life) actuarial function, in various fields
- Good analytical and communication skills in English, both oral and written
- A pro-active team player that can also operate as an independent professional, is self-sufficient in prioritizing and doesn’t need guidance in the day to day business
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to NN’s core values: Care, Clear, Commit
- Willingness to travel
In addition, your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
Commit to NN
Are you seeking a dynamic position in an organisation where you are constantly challenging yourself? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job or the application process? Please contact Edina Balogh, RAS Recruitment Specialist on +36 70 361 8063 or on Balogh.Edina@nn.hu.