The Actuarial Reporting and Oversight team is part of the Chief Actuary Office of NN Group. As member of this team you will contribute to execution of the Actuarial Function within NN Group. The Actuarial Function is mainly responsible for the technical provisions of NN Group across the different balance sheets and related metrics.
The team focuses on:
- Solvency II reporting, mainly related to the SII balance sheet, own funds and operating capital generation
- Reviewing the IFRS reserve adequacy
- Value of New Business reporting and review the profitability of products
- Actuarial oversight of business units, focusing on reserving, underwriting and reinsurance practices in the units
- Review of material model and assumption changes
- Strengthening the actuarial function/community within the Group, enabling best practice sharing
- Advisory role on various projects. Review of business plans and financial forecasts.
- Ownership, maintenance and group-wide implementation of policies and standards owned by the Chief Actuary Office
- Preparing external disclosures concerning solvency, capital generation and value creation
- Contributing to the IFRS17 project, including the development of value metrics and analysis of actuarial choices.
The Actuarial Reporting and Oversight team is a small and international (5 different nationalities) team of highly skilled professionals. We value quality, high standards as well as work-life balance and each other. We offer a pleasant environment to work in and plenty of opportunity to grow and learn.
Your impact as an Actuary at NN
You will work with us to:
- Participate in reporting of actuarial metrics, review and analysis, internally and externally on a quarterly basis
- Maintain and develop the reporting methods and requirements for actuarial metrics
- Contribute to the development of IFRS17 implementation
- Act as a business partner in actuarial oversight and be a trusted point of contact for business units’ support with regards to actuarial topics
- Participate in strategic projects where finance actuarial skills are required
Using your own initiative and ambition, you achieve excellent results:
- An opportunity to participate in the execution of the Actuarial Function on highest level within the organization
- Exposure to experts from actuarial but also other disciplines and the opportunity to learn from them
- Freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them
Here at NN, care is a core value – care for our customers as well as our employees. You care for our customers’ needs, and as your employer, NN cares for yours. We offer great development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. For your career development, we offer you:
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Centre.
- Industry-specific conferences (both in the Netherlands and across the border).
- In-house training and personal skills training.
- Participation in relevant actuarial courses, conferences or trainings
Whatever we do, we do together in an environment full of freedom where your personality, talents and ideas count. For example, collaborating with another team is quite the norm and regularly leads to better outcomes. We have no thresholds within NN; everyone is readily accessible and willing to help each other.
Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal.
You help us go above and beyond when providing the very best customer service. We believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and our most important motivator. As a company, we have set up a number of subsidiaries as we have grown: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits. For example, you have the option of taking extra vacation days. You will receive your holiday allowance and year-end bonus with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you.
As an Actuary, you will work from our beautiful office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via the A12 or by public transport. You will receive a NS Business Card, this makes public transport very attractive. In this way you can travel throughout The Netherlands, without any restriction. Internally, we have FIT20 sports facilities. Feel like a breath of fresh air? In less than 30 minutes you’re at the beach, by tram or (OV)bike.
Due to the coronavirus, most of the NN colleagues work from home. At the moment it is unclear when we can return to the office. The official location for this position is The Hague.
Critical skills of an Actuary
You have a high learning agility, meaning you can easily adapt and absorb new information in a changing environment. You draw the best out of yourself as well as those around you. If you can help someone, you do not think twice about it.
As an Actuary, intellectual challenges and solving complex puzzles brings you great satisfaction. You are a creative thinker, and your solutions are innovative. You prefer to work with a certain degree of freedom, yet always seek opportunities to cooperate with others. You are open to alternative theories and can analyse them objectively. Your colleagues can count on your honest opinion and commitment to the subject at hand.
Commit to NN
Are you seeking a dynamic position in an organisation where you are constantly challenging yourself? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job? Then please call Iuliana Ilie via +31 (0)615 40 22 22.
Just to be Clear, because we Care and Commit
This is a permanent position. A candidate will receive a NN contract and we are not open to interim/ freelance assignments,- candidates or an introduction of profiles by any type of agency. Thank you for your interest and understanding!