As member of the Chief Actuary Office you will contribute to execution of the Actuarial Function within NN Group. The Actuarial Function is mainly responsible for the technical provisions of NN Group across the different balance sheets and related metrics.
The scope of actuarial responsibilities includes IFRS and Solvency II bases, Margin Analysis, Reserve Adequacy Testing, Value New Business Reporting, Own Funds Analysis of Movement etc. The core of the Actuarial Function’s work is performing the analysis needed to get comfortable with the correctness of financial figures. In exercising its responsibilities, the Actuarial Function at the Group level must present a challenge to the business unit actuaries and report on findings and conclusions to senior management (Executive Board) and other stakeholders (Finance, Risk, Capital Management, CAS, external auditors, etc.). Next to these regular responsibilities, there is a various range of changing topics that require actuarial input, e.g. IFRS 17, mergers and acquisitions, pricing, business reviews etc.
· Participate in reporting of actuarial metrics, review and analysis, internally and externally on a quarterly basis
· Maintain and develop the reporting method and requirements for actuarial metrics
· Participate in the development of IFRS 17 implementation
· Liaise with business units (BUs) actuaries on actuarial reporting matters
· Participate in strategic projects where finance actuarial skills are required
Meet your team
The Chief Actuary Office is a small and international (6 different nationalities) team of highly skilled professionals. We value quality, high standards as well as life-work balance and each other. A pleasant environment to work in and plenty of opportunity to grow and learn.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for NN Group: https://nn-careers.com/about-us/
· Academic Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Actuarial sciences or similar (quantitative e.g. econometrics, mathematics, statistics)
· 2-5 years of relevant work experience
· Experience in IFRS and Solvency II valuation and reporting is preferred
· Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities - proven track record in formulating clear and concise conclusions
· Result driven attitude, focused on service and meticulous performance, precise
· Team player with hands-on attitude, flexibility to deal with changing priorities in a dynamic environment
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
As an Actuary your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
· An opportunity to participate in the execution of the Actuarial Function on highest level within the organization
· Exposure to experts from actuarial but also other disciplines and the opportunity to learn from them
· Witness executive decision making from the inside
· Flexible working hours and location
· The job is for 36 working hours a week and the location is Den Haag
· A position in job grade 11 with a salary, depending on knowledge and experience
· A one- year contract (if applicable)
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job, please contact Ania Groen-Gregorkiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org .