Do euro signs and decimal points excite you? Are you only satisfied when every cent is accounted for, and every process is optimised? If you want to be at the centre of all the financial action, but prefer to work on a non-financial team, the Corporate Relations team needs you.
NN Group’s Corporate Relations department is looking for one person to manage all of the financial activities for the whole department. On a team of experts in a variety of fields, you will be the Accounting and Reporting specialist who:
- Manages and optimises budgets and invoicing processes
- Creates, owns and controls donations from our two charitable foundations with ANBI status
- Supports the entire team with more efficient processes for financial flows
- Creates and presents management accounting and annual report contributions
- Develops, maintains, forecasts and reports on future cost development
As our on-site expert, you will control the process, make the decisions, execute the strategies and create the reports. Whenever you want or need help, your manager is available to guide you, and has experience in every one of your tasks. But the more autonomy and independence you display, the better.
And if you live for finance, but also appreciate variety, you’ll have the chance to participate in small IT projects related to communication tooling, or to take on a role in compliance work. We can always use an extra set of (eager) hands.
Meet your team
Working from our international head office in The Hague, the Corporate Relations (CR) department supports NN Group’s Management Board. CR is divided into specific specialist teams, based on the type of communications, or stakeholder group, for which each division is responsible:
- Media Relations
- Public & Government Affairs
- Internal & External Communications
- Corporate Citizenship
The CR department has 47 employees. As the Accounting and Reporting specialist, you will report to the Head of Operations.
The Operations team consists of six colleagues who are experts in their own fields, from communication tooling to events, and from audio/visual production to design and DTP. We support the entire CR department with finance, procurement, compliance and risk activities.
What we are missing is someone who is passionate about numbers and eager to help us whip our financial flows and reporting into shape. While we are experts at doing our jobs, we need someone who can take a critical look at our financial flows and make marked improvements in our financial management and reporting.
The ideal candidate for this role will eat, breathe, and sleep in columns of numbers. So a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance (or business economics/accounting) is usually a good start. We are not as concerned about the number of years of experience you have, as much as we are about your energy, enthusiasm, accuracy and dedication.
Since you will be responsible for our finances, we will need you to be endlessly accurate, very well organised, and loaded with integrity. But it is equally important that you care about our business interests, that you can be proactive and pragmatic. Things change quickly and progress swiftly, so flexibility and enthusiasm are important. Our team is diverse – both in culture and in function – so you will need to be open and accepting of others and approach team members with an open mind and a smile.
There are a few other qualities that would be very handy to have:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Essbase
- Fluency in Dutch (both in speech and writing) and strong English language skills
- Drive for continuous improvement, accuracy and precision
As Corporate Relations’ Accounting and Reporting specialist, your personality and specific skill set will play a decisive role in this process.
We offer you
Our appreciation for colleagues is reflected in our conditions of employment. We offer you:
- The opportunity to become an all-round expert in financial support
- The chance to manage both financial accounting and management accounting in a single role
- An independent financial role on a team of creatives
- A full-time job that will keep you on your toes and offer new and diverse challenges. A position in job grade 8 or 9, depending on knowledge and experience.
- The flexibility to make the job what you want, as long as you achieve our stated objectives
- A competitive salary that matches your skill level and experience
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Have specific questions about this vacancy? Contact Til Nieuweboer at +31 68 3640278 or Til.Nieuweboer@nn-group.com. Questions about the application process? Contact recruiter Dennis Damoiseaux at 06-82999606 or email@example.com
More information about our application process can be found here.