NN Re’s strategic goal is to optimize shareholder value with innovative reinsurance solutions and efficient hedging.
Within NN Group, NN Re is a relative small organization with around 65 people from more than 20 different countries. It offers the best of both worlds, exposure to large and complex balance sheet solutions, but with a start-up company setting with a team of experts.
We offer intra-group reinsurance solutions to optimize the risk profile, capital consumption and P&L management of NN Group’s insurance companies. Besides that we also manage various hedging books related to investment guarantees underwritten throughout NN Group. Enabling Solvency II optimization across NN Group using reinsurance is one of the main focuses of NN Re.
We are looking for a strong account manager to join our team. The candidate is responsible, together with three other account managers, for ensuring that the NN business units in his portfolio have the most effective reinsurance covers in place. The account managers are the main point of contact of the NN Group business units with regard to reinsurance. All the business units are divided among the four account managers The account managers have daily contacts with the business units in their portfolio and need to travel to visit them on a regular basis. When developing a reinsurance transaction, a deal team is formed consisting of the account manager and a pricing expert. Together they will present to the business units the best reinsurance solution to meet their needs. The account manager is responsible for managing the process of this transaction from start to end.
Your main responsibilities:
- You are responsible for ensuring that the business units of NN Group in your portfolio have the most optimal reinsurance cover that meets their risk profile. This means amongst others that
- You can effectively translate business needs into a reinsurance opportunities
- You can manage this process effectively from start to finish
- You can assess whether (part of) the risk requires external reinsurance
- You are able to explain the building blocks of a (re)insurance premium
- You understand insurance products (life and disability) and you can evaluate the impact of a reinsurance proposal on the portfolio of the client
- You can support and advise your colleague on (re)insurance topics
- You can perform the underwriting for the risks which are reinsured to NN Re
Meet your team
This vacancy is in the Reinsurance Solutions team of NN Re, the front office team of NN Re consisting of 12 FTE. The team is responsible for advising the NN business units on the field of reinsurance, designing and pricing reinsurance solutions, placing contracts in the market, performance and claims monitoring, and maintaining the relationship with its external partners. The Reinsurance Solutions team is one of NN Re’s major strategic teams as reinsurance becomes increasingly important within international insurance groups to optimize capital and results.
- Master degree in finance or economics;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience (insurance and/or reinsurance);
- Knowledge of the NN Group business units as well as working in an international environment is an advantage.
- Result driven attitude, focused on service, pro-active, precise;
- Team player with hands-on attitude, flexibility to deal with changing priorities in a dynamic environment;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Strong communication and influencing skills;
- Creating solutions and working to achieve team objectives within deadlines;
- Analytical thinking.
As an Account Manager for Reinsurance Solutions, your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication.
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
- The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client, the company and our business partners.
- Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
- The job is for 36 to 40 working hours a week and the location is The Hague.
- A position in job grade 11, hay level 18, scaling depends on knowledge and experience.
This is a feature in scale 11 for 36 - 40 hours and the location is The Hague.
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Would you like to comment on this job? Then apply directly via the button under this vacancy before Monday March 25.
Do you have questions or would you like more information about the function, call Christelle Jamin, telephone 06-30528555, or via mail email@example.com
Questions about the application process? Call Sr. Recruiter Ralph Roels, telephone 06-55348378.
Attention point: only applications with CV and motivation letter will be taken in to consideration.
An assessment can be part of the application.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated
More information about our application process can be found here.