The Finance Traineeship is one of the tracks in which you can start as a trainee within NN Group. This track is for students with a financial background who want to apply their talents in the field of Finance. As a Finance trainee you will work in a big financial services company and you can imagine that there is a wide variety of opportunities for you to make a difference. You will make financial plannings and analyses for management. You will collect data for the reports and convert these in business advice. Are you the new Finance trainee we are looking for?
Typical roles in which you possible could start are:
- As a Financial Chain manager you are in the financial heart of the business unit, and you are involved in Finance, Actuarial and Data.
- As a Management Accounting trainee you will work closely to the business controllers in the business units and with the other finance staff departments of the Head Office.
- As a (junior) Project- and Change manager you support the Finance Strategy department by initiating, coordinating and accomplishing finance related change programs.
- As a Finance Strategy trainee you help to support the CFO and the Business Units with ad hoc financial questions and improvement initiatives.
Gradually the selection process you will receive more information on the open positions. The Finance Traineeship is open for both Dutch and international students with a sufficient level of the English language.
- You have your Masters-degree in Finance (or you expect to graduate in the coming months);
- You like working with numbers and are able to understand Finance in a financial institution quickly and thoroughly;
- You have a maximum of 2 years work experience from the moment you graduated;
- You have significant experience in extracurricular activities. This can be in both a leadership role and in other roles. As long as you clearly show what added value you have had in various situations;
- You are ambitious to get the best out of yourself and to develop yourself towards senior roles;
- You have a strong self-awareness and you know what you want;
- You have well developed communication skills;
- You have a proactive attitude that shows from your extracurricular activities. (top sports, entrepreneurship, committees, work experience);
- You are result driven (even when confronted with resistance);
- You show personality;
- You are fluent in English.
Would you like to apply and know more?
For more information about application process, please visit this page.
Experience Loes van Dommelen (Trainee Finance)
Within NN Group, several opportunities for improvement are available, which is the reason I thought of writing my letter of motivation for the Finance Traineeship of this organization. Whereas most companies advertise their company is the finest, NN indicated they are doing a very good job, but still much work remains to be done. As I was just graduated in my master Finance, I thought I could be of added value for further growth or improvement in this company. Also, during the in-house day, I noticed NN Group truly cares about your personality, and that people in the organization approach you in an open manner. These were for me the main reasons to decide to start writing that letter of motivation.
At this moment, being for half a year within the company already, I did not regret that decision for a moment. I started at Finance Strategy, a department mainly driven on projects focusing on improvements in the finance function while linking between the Finance and Risk function. I get the opportunity to work on challenging projects, and I can also see what my colleagues in other projects are working on through the weekly stand-up meetings.
For me personally, I really value the fact that you can be of added value within your department directly, while being in a traineeship at the same time. Every month, trainee business days and training days are organized for all trainees, to ensure we all get to know the company very well, but also to get to know ourselves even better by continue to develop ourselves. As every trainee starts at a different department, you will have a very broad network throughout the whole organization directly. So there is always someone you can ask for advice when needed, or with whom you can grab a coffee, or even start the Friday afternoon drinks with.