Do you want to apply for the Traineeship – Investments Track? Start the first round of the application process, the NN Talent Pitch, via this link. Would you first like to know a bit more before you apply? Read more information about the traineeship and the application process below!
Investments Traineeship at NN Group
Are you ready to constantly develop and challenge yourself? Then the Investments Traineeship at NN Group is the perfect start of your career! NN Group, as an organisation, aims to make financial services more personal and relevant for our customers. That’s why you matter is our core and that’s why we are looking for people who care about others, who take initiative and responsibility, and who don’t give up until they succeed. That’s why we are looking for you!
For this track we are looking for graduates with a diverse background who are truly passionate about investment/asset management.
As an Investments trainee you will discover more about our NN Investment Partners business unit and you will get the chance to experience our different asset classes. Within the Investments track you’ll have two assignments of 6 months and one assignment of 1 year. Next to your challenging assignments, you will also participate in a development programme which offers an extensive personal development programme as well as a content driven programme adjusted to your needs.
Your team will evolve throughout your time at NN, however you will form a close group with all the trainees within a variety of business units and countries. Through the trainees in your network you will learn about all the different business units and what is top of mind throughout the company. You will also follow an intensive personal development programme together. From your team on your different rotations you will learn about the content of your specific assignment at an accelerated pace.
Your Responsibilities Could Include:
- Improvement of existing investment processes
- Fundamental research on companies to invest in
- Perform country analyses
- Monitor global market trends and macroeconomic events
- Work on portfolio management
- Analyse effects of investors risk aversion on ABS sectors
- Work on long and short term investment strategies
What kind of assignments can you expect? We have two examples for you:
During this assignment your role will be that of an equity analyst. You will be part of a team looking to buy stocks in a given company. Your job will be to get to know as much as possible about this company so that you can pitch this idea to the supervisory board. So how do you become an expert on a company? By talking to the CEO, competing CEO’s, industry insiders, many analysts, attending overseas conferences about the company, talking to suppliers and clients, on-site visits and more.
In this assignment you would help your team to increase the frequency and quality of the ESG dialogue with investee companies. How will you do this? You look into existing holdings and client guidelines and create an automated overview of the opportunity set for certain portfolios. You also calculate portfolio exposures from select mandates on an ad hoc basis, as well as set up a back testing framework for credit factor scores, in conjunction with historical holdings.
Your Experience & Skills
- You have a Master’s degree and/or you expect to graduate before September 1st, 2020. The content of your Masters is of less importance. If your Masters is not directly related to our business, we ask you to emphasise your motivation and how your personal skills can be of value for our clients and NN Group
- You have a maximum of two years of work experience from your graduation date
- Proven passion and affinity for investment management (having your own portfolio, part of an investment society, etc.)
- You have experience in the field of “Investments”. This can be in both a leadership role and in other roles. As long as you clearly show what added value you have had in various situations
- You are ambitious to get the best out of yourself and to develop yourself in order to accelerate in more significant challenging roles
- You have a proactive attitude, communicate easily with others, are resilient and have participated in extracurricular activities (e.g. sports, entrepreneurship, student council, committees, work experience)
- You are internationally oriented
- You are business fluent in English, verbal and written skills
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinker
- Problem solving
- Result oriented
- Creative mind-set
- Internationally oriented
- Business English level, both written and verbal
What we offer
- Job rotations, you’ll have the possibility to see different departments of our organization(NN Group wide)
- While working on your projects, you will also follow an intensive tailor-made development programme focusing on personal development as well as hard skills
- Visibility: broad exposure from of day one. During the traineeship you have access to senior leaders through mentorship and events
- An international and professional environment
- The possibility to work abroad
- We encourage our trainees to share their views and to help us develop and accelerate their career
- As of day one, you will have a Buddy – a former trainee who will offer you guidance, support and encouragement during your on-boarding period
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in all that is mentioned above? Apply directly by starting the first round, the NN Talent Pitch via this link.
The selection procedure will be as follows:
The NN Talent Pitch (open until 29 March 2020, 23:59)
Interviews with HR & Business (between 6 April – 24 April 2020)
Talent Selection Days (in the week of 11 May 2020)
Start Traineeship (1st of September 2020)
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered.
For more information regarding the Traineeship and/or selection procedure, please contact Patricia van der Kaa (Graduate Recruiter Traineeship) via email@example.com or +31 (0)6 25 67 93 02.