Do you want to apply for the Traineeship – General Management Track? Start the first round of the application process, the NN Talent Pitch, via this link. Would you first like to know a bit more before you apply? Read more information about the traineeship and the application process below!
General Management Traineeship at NN Group
Are you ready to constantly develop and challenge yourself? Then the General Management Traineeship at NN Group is the perfect start of your career. NN Group, as an organisation, aims to make financial services more personal and relevant for our customers. That’s why you matter is our core and that’s why we are looking for people who care about others, who take initiative and responsibility, and who don’t give up until they succeed. That’s why we are looking for you!
For this programme, we are looking for graduates with different backgrounds, who want to apply their talents in a business context and who understand the needs of our customers. During your programme you will learn about insurance and other parts of our organisation.
Within the General Management track you’ll have two assignments of 6 months and one assignment of 1 year. Next to your challenging assignments, you will also participate in a development programme which offers an extensive personal development programme as well as a content driven programme adjusted to your needs. Your assignment could be in Marketing, Project & Change, HR, Corporate Relations, Data- and process management etc. Your added value will be in problem analysis and problem solving, communication, motivating people and successfully managing projects.
Your team will evolve throughout your time at NN, however you will form a close group with all the trainees within the variety of business units and countries. Through the trainees in your network you will learn about all the different business units and what is top of mind throughout the company. You will also follow an intensive personal development programme together. From your team on your different rotations you will learn about the content of your specific assignment at an accelerated pace.
- Project management
- Trigger & effectuate innovation
- Strategy development & implementation
- Stakeholder management
- New process implementations
- Leading a team
- Performance management
- Marketing & new business development
What kind of assignments can you expect?
As NN is acquiring VIVAT (parent company to Reaal and Zwitserleven) you will work on integrating the two companies. You will work together with different workstreams, differing from HR to IT to Finance, to develop a strategy for the integration. During this assignment, you will have a large stakeholder field to manage, developing both your content and soft skills, while adding value for your customer by realizing economies of scale for NN.
Leading a team
At the end of every year, a part of the Dutch population chooses to switch to a new health insurance provider. During this assignment you have to set up a temporary team – both hiring and firing staff – and lead that team through some of the busiest months of the year. This team will be one of the main touchpoints that potential customers use to buy their insurance. Your responsibilities include everything from performance management, hiring strategies and target setting to planning, managing stakeholders and motivating your team. Overall, this is an excellent (first) experience for leading a team and being responsible for your own, clear targets.
Your Experience & Skills
- You have a Masters degree, and/or you expect to graduate before September 1st, 2020. The content of your Masters is of less importance. If your Masters is not directly related to our business, we ask you to emphasise your motivation and how your personal skills can be of value for our clients and NN Group
- You have a maximum of two years of work experience from your graduation date
- You have affinity with leadership & management and can clearly show how you have added value in these areas
- You are ambitious to get the best out of yourself and to develop yourself in order to accelerate in more significant challenging roles
- You have a proactive attitude, communicate easily with others, are resilient and have participated in extracurricular activities (e.g. sports, entrepreneurship, student council, committees, work experience)
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinker
- Problem solving
- Result oriented
- Creative mind-set
- Internationally oriented
- Business English level, both written and verbal
What we offer
- Job rotations, you’ll have the possibility to see different departments of our organization (NN Group wide)
- While working on your projects, you will also follow an intensive tailor-made development programme focusing on personal development as well as hard skills
- Visibility: broad exposure from of day one. During the traineeship you have access to senior leaders through mentorship and events
- An international and professional environment
- As of day one, you will have a Buddy – a former trainee who will offer you guidance, support and encouragement during your on-boarding period
- We encourage our trainees to share their views and to help us develop and accelerate their career development
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in all that is mentioned above? Apply directly by starting the first round, the NN Talent Pitch. via this link.
The selection procedure will be as follows:
The NN Talent Pitch (open until 29 March 2020, 23:59)
Interviews with HR & Business (between 6 April – 24 April 2020)
Talent Selection Days (in the week of 11 May 2020)
Start Traineeship (1st of September 2020)
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered.
For more information regarding the Traineeship and/or selection procedure, please contact Patricia van der Kaa (Graduate Recruiter Traineeship) via email@example.com or +31 (0)6 25 67 93 02.