Do you want to apply for the Traineeship – Finance/Risk Track? Start the first round of the application process, the NN Talent Pitch, via this link. Would you first like to know a bit more before you apply? Read more information about the traineeship and the application process below!
Finance/Risk Traineeship at NN Group
Are you ready to constantly develop and challenge yourself? Then the Finance/Risk Traineeship at NN Group is the perfect start of your career! NN Group, as an organisation, aims to make financial services more personal and relevant for our customers. That’s why you matter is our core and that’s why we are looking for people who care about others, who take initiative and responsibility, and who don’t give up until they succeed. That’s why we are looking for you!
For this programme we are looking for graduates with a Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Econometrics, Actuarial science, Mathematics or Physics). Do you have less than 2 years of working experience and are you interested in an international career in a high expertise corporation with many opportunities laying ahead of you? Then this is the perfect traineeship for you!
The NN Group Traineeship offers you three different roles in which you will fulfil an assignment within the Risk and/or Finance departments. This is your chance to show your analytical skills and deal with the huge amounts of data we have at NN. In these rotations you take further steps in your development towards a leadership role in finance or risk. Next to the challenging assignment, you will also participate in a development programme which offers an extensive personal development programme as well as a content driven programme adjusted to your needs.
Your team will evolve throughout your time at NN, however you will form a close group with all the trainees within a variety of business units and countries. Through the trainees in your network you will learn about all the different business units and what is top of mind throughout the company. You will also follow an intensive personal development programme together. Together with the other Risk and Finance trainees you will gather new knowledge on the content related topics.
Your Responsibilities Could Include:
- Finance and Risk management
- Pricing and product development
- Data analysis
- Asset and liability management
- Business intelligence
- Performance management
- Business control
- Accounting and reporting
What kind of assignments can you expect? We have two examples for you:
Innovation at Sparklab Finance
During this assignment you will manage an innovation project within finance. This includes going through the whole cycle of the NN innovation method by defining the product, the customer and what hypothesis will be tested in various experiments. Organising workshops about design thinking and other innovation methods for the finance community and reporting to the Sparklab board on a quarterly basis will also be part of your assignment as an innovator at Sparklab.
ALM & Hedging
At the ALM & Hedging department you will improve the forecasting model for NN Group’s main financials. You will work with Solvency II ratio’s and sensitivities, evaluate/challenge investment proposals and monitor market movements which are relevant for NN Group. During this assignment you will also have to model the impact of these market movements. The forecasts can be used for decision making.
Your Experience & Skills
- University Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance / Econometrics / Actuarial science / Mathematics / Physics / Risk Management) by September 1st, 2020
- Affinity with working with numbers
- Maximum 2 years of work experience
- You are ambitious to get the best out of yourself and to develop yourself in order to accelerate in more significant challenging roles
- You have a proactive attitude, you are resilient; you have participated in extracurricular activities (e.g. sports, entrepreneurship, committees, work experience)
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Problem solving
- Result oriented
- Creative mind-set
- Internationally oriented
- Business English level, both written and verbal
We offer you
- Development of your financial, actuarial and risk capabilities in one of the leading insurance companies in this sector
- Job rotations, you’ll have the possibility to see different departments of our organization (NN Group wide)
- While working on your projects, you will also follow an intensive tailor-made development programme focusing on personal development as well as technical skills
- A kick-start of you career in risk and finance
- During the traineeship you have access to senior leaders through mentorship and events
- Through the rotations within the various business lines, the programme gives the possibility to learn about the entire value chain
- As of day one, you will have a Buddy – a former trainee who will offer you guidance, support and encouragement during your on-boarding period
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in all that is mentioned above? Apply directly by starting the first round, the NN Talent Pitch via this link.
The selection procedure will be as follows:
The NN Talent Pitch (open until 29 March 2020, 23:59)
Interviews with HR & Business (between 6 April – 24 April 2020)
Talent Selection Days (in the week of 11 May 2020)
Start Traineeship (1st of September 2020)
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered.
For more information regarding the Traineeship and/or selection procedure, please contact Patricia van der Kaa (Graduate Recruiter Traineeship) via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)6 25 67 93 02.