The Legal department of NN Investment Partners (“NN IP”) consists of approximately 40 professionals in The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Poland, Czech Republic, Japan and Singapore.
The vacancy is within the Legal department in The Hague (+/- 20 FTE). The successful candidate will become part of the Legal Asset Management Team, consisting of four lawyers. The team supports the (fiduciary) asset management proposition for Dutch pension funds and other institutional clients, the international distribution of investment funds and investment services and is involved in the conclusion and ‘maintenance’ of key partnerships. The team also provides legal input in relation to institutional tenders / pitches and acts as a liaison for Legal NN IP colleagues outside the Netherlands in asset management matters.
As Legal Counsel within the Legal Asset Management Team, you will be a partner to the business and work in close cooperation with Risk and Compliance within the (broader) Legal department.
- Master’s degree in Dutch (preferably financial) law
- Fluent in Dutch and English (verbal and written), including relevant legal vocabulary
- 4-5 years’ experience in the field of asset management, preferably as in-house counsel in financial services or within a law firm
- Affinity and experience with typical asset management contractual arrangements (investment management agreements, portfolio management delegation agreements, investment advisory agreements, etc.)
- (A level of) experience with regard to fiduciary asset management is a plus
- Knowledge of underlying regulatory framework (Wft, MiFID, AIFMD, outsourcing rules, etc.).
- Drafting skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately under tight deadlines
- Ability to think commercially (i.e. possibilities) whilst managing legal risk
- Customer focus, excellent communication skills
- Solution-oriented, pragmatic mentality is a must
- As experience Legal Counsel your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join an experienced legal team in an international, professional and dynamic environment (and a recently refurbished workplace!)
- Competitive salary (NL Legal Level 5)
- Modern working conditions that give room for individual choices
- 36-40 hour working schedule
More information on the employment benefits can be found here.
Are you the candidate we are looking for, then please respond by clicking on the button below the vacancy.
Do you have a questions about the position or application process, please call Recruiter Natalia Szymanski on +31 (0)70-513 3765 or send an email to email@example.com.
More information about the application process can be found here.