NN Group is an international financial services company, active in 18 countries with a strong presence in a number of European countries and Japan. NN Group’s main brands are Nationale-Nederlanden, NN, Delta Lloyd, NN Investment Partners, ABN AMRO Insurance, Movir, AZL, BeFrank and Ohra.
Purpose and ambition
Through our retirement services, insurance, investments and banking products, we are committed to helping customers secure their financial futures. That is our purpose at NN. We aim to be a company that truly matters in the lives of our stakeholders.
Doing deals is challenging. In particular when a deal is the starting point of a fundamental transformation such as an integration or a divestment of part of a business. Clear strategic and financial objectives, achievable timelines and plans, and a view on the impact on internal and external stakeholders are key to a successful implementation.
Within the Corporate Development department (M&A) we’re looking for Senior Consultant M&A Execution you are part of a team responsible for the origination and execution of all M&A related projects of NN Group globally. M&A projects have high impact on the respective country, regions or even the Group and therefore offers an exciting fast-paced working environment and a steep learning curve.
- Your key responsibilities will include:
- Origination and execution of corporate finance transactions
- Execute buy-side processes including coordination of due diligence teams, preparation of financial analysis, negotiation of SPA and purchase price
- Execute sell-side processes including preparation of information memorandum, coordination of data room and management presentation, communication and negotiation with potential buyers
- Prepare business plans, assess corporate valuations and perform merger impact analysis.
- Monitoring and updating the M&A funnel (origination);
- Preparing presentations and investment proposals for the Executive Board and Supervisory Board;
- Developing business cases together with the business including financial analysis and valuation;
- Assisting in project execution from start to finish, i.e. initial assessment of opportunity, deal structuring, selection of external advisors, drafting documentation, due diligence process, PMI planning, contract negotiations, obtaining internal and external approvals, closing;
- Monitoring the quality of inputs received from (i) the business groups and (ii) external advisors, i.e. banks, accountants, lawyers, strategy consultants, etc.
We are looking for talented professionals with proven affinity in M&A and/or corporate transformations that have a strong personal drive to take the next step in their career.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree, preferably in finance or exact science;
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience, investment banking, corporate finance or corporate development;
- Solid understanding of insurance products and strong interest in the insurance industry
- Experience with working in an international environment;
- You have been involvement in former execution processes
- Analytical skills and excellent project management skills;
- Enhanced knowledge of valuation and financial analysis;
- Advanced financial modeling / business case development skills;
- Excellent communication skills (in English and if possible also in Dutch) and the ability to communicate on senior executive level;
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and conscious of deadlines
- Flexible work attitude, prepared to travel;
- Down to earth, highly motivated, (result) driven, accurate and punctual
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
o A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication.
o Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself; craftsmanship and development are our top priority.
o The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client, the company and our business partners.
o Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
o The job is for 40 working hours a week and the location is Den Haag
o A position in job grade 11/12 ( Hay 18 /19 ) with a salary, depending on knowledge and experience;
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Dennis Damoiseaux, Recruiter, via email@example.com , of +31 6 82 999 606 .