The continuous changing world of application security requires us to be able to respond to security threats in an agile way to make sure we protect our customers' data. As our Security Officer, you will be the reliable partner for Change & IT Head office functions of NN Group, with focus for Business Support in IT Security. You will be responsible for the monitoring & consultancy & reporting the security issues for hundreds of applications, work in Agile Scrum framework, with BSO for the respective domain, in contact with tens of skilled DevOps teams for Finance and HRM.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the BIS strategy and plan for the BU in line with NN Group Security;
- Advising the DevOps teams on Information risks (incl. Cyber risks), Communicate, maintain security awareness; Proactive risk mitigation: Security by design in processes, Incident management;
- Review regularly the Business Impact Assessments (BIA) that have to be performed to measure business value and risk associated with C-I-A rating. Security Requirements list is generated to control the business risks.
- Support the activities for the successful implementation of Maturity model and following Maturity assessments, to be compliant in terms of the requirements, processes, controls, evidence, analysis, and trainings, expected by DNB (Dutch National Bank).
- Cooperate with our specialized international team of Ethical hackers performing Penetration testing to simulate the attacks on web-face and SaaS applications, with the following assurance the fixing the security gaps and findings.
- Understand the basic principles of Identity & Access Management (I&AM), multi-factor authentication method (MFA), regularly check the Reviews of External Connections of IT systems, be in control of proper Disaster Recovery (DR) planning and testing.
- Be involved in Security information and event management (SIEM) and Technical state of compliance monitoring (TSCM) at the level of understanding the meanings of security alerts and potential vulnerabilities on application and on infrastructure level
- Spread and improve the Security awareness within HFO domain, cooperate with IT Academy, understand NN Information Security Standard, policies, standards & guidelines, security best-practices, organize workshops on IT RiC foundation, Risk monitoring.
- Communicate with respective DevOps team and Product owners within HOF domain in NN Group and be align with Business Security Officer (BSO), Risk and Compliancy managers and IT Security throughout the NN Group.
- Participate in the reviewing the 3rd party Service-level agreement (SLAs) with suppliers and Outsourcing Security Assessment (OSA), to ensure the compliancy vendor’s systems with internal NN Standards.
- Controlling and (self)assessments (PIA, BIA), Risk management & critical assets (irt IRM and ORM);
- Coordinate effective control testing and reporting in collaboration with stakeholders;
- Align and collaborate with other BSO's and Product Owners in the teams on security topics.
Meet your team
Next to a challenging job you obviously want to know who you will be working with. Check out the following blog and meet Yuri Bobbert, CISO of NN Group.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit NN Group.
- >2 of knowledge on Information Security, technology, agile, and IT architecture experience;
- Excellent in communication & relationship management;
- Experience in handling end to end delivery with full delivery ownership;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical disciplines;
- Any security certification(s) is an asset;
- A proven track record in information risk, security and compliance;
- Experience in the insurance / financial sector is an asset;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
As a Security Officer your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you
Naturally, our appreciation for our colleagues is reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- A position for 36 - 40 working hours a week and the location is The Hague;
- A position in job grade, depending on knowledge and experience; A Junior position in job grade 9; A Medior position in job grade 10; A Senior position in job grade 11;
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further details regarding the selection procedure and the advertised position, you can contact Hugo van Zelm van Eldik at telephone number +31 (0) 70 513 80 67 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about our application process can be found here.