Real Estate Specialist
About Altis Investment Management
Altis is an independent affiliate of NN Investment Partners, responsible for multi-manager portfolio management and third-party manager selection across all asset classes. We service a range of international clients autonomously, as well as in close co-operation with NN IP’s “Integrated Client Solutions” fiduciary service group.
Altis was founded in 2004 in Switzerland. Our team oversees about EUR 60 billion in client assets and presently employs 17 selection & monitoring specialists in The Hague & Zug, Switzerland. At the heart of our operations is the proprietary Altis data platform, which analyses the portfolio positions of thousands of investment managers.
Your main responsibilities
- Designing portfolio strategies for illiquid investment categories, primarily Real Estate
- Selecting external managers for client portfolios within listed and unlisted Real Estate, Real Estate Debt and MBS.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of eligible investment managers. The selection involves on-site due diligence visits, conducting performance analysis, and writing in-depth reports on fund managers’ portfolios.
- Monitoring and reviewing strategies on a quarterly basis: reviewing positioning, risk and performance of the portfolios. Quarterly write-ups on managers within respective peer groups.
- Monitoring and reviewing client portfolios.
- Writing sector reports and market updates; contribute to yearly investment plans.
- Presenting to institutional clients and prospects.
Your experience and skills
- Thorough understanding of financial markets, with a focus on private real estate markets and product structures.
- A demonstrable track record in managing portfolios or selecting external managers in private and public Real Estate markets.
- University level, preferably with an additional Master of Real Estate.
- Well versed with attribution methods and performance & risk analytical systems.
- Experience with working in an institutional investment environment, ideally with understanding of the pension and insurance dynamics.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- Coordinating and client servicing capabilities.
- Ability to work independently within a team.
- Flexibility to respond to ad hoc requests.
- A courageous, critical, collegial and collaborative attitude.
- Fluent in English or Dutch.
We offer you
- The opportunity to help develop Altis’ offering in private markets investments.
- The opportunity to have an impact on investment portfolios of international institutional investors.
- An entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them;
- An international, multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you, in an independent company under the wings of a strong parent.
- A competitive compensation package with variable components.
Application & contact
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Mina Bahaj, Senior Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you will work on local conditions and not on an expat contract.
Third party applications are not accepted.