Your team and challenge
Within NN IP Operations, the Valuation Modeling team is part of the Data Management department, and shares responsibility with the IMDB Services team for the centralized sourcing, calculation, validation and distribution of prices across different platforms in the value chain. More specifically, the responsibility of the team is to ensure that these sourced prices and in-house built and maintained model valuations, are a proper reflection of the fair valuation of the instruments in our portfolio’s. The Data Management team in The Hague is supported by an offshore team in India that is focused on the execution of the daily operational process.
Your main responsibilities
- Maintain and improve the pricing and valuation process in line with best market practices;
- Continuous optimization of processes and tooling with the onsite and offshore team;
- Stakeholder management (in- and outside of the pricing governance) to enable change with a focus on controlled onboarding of changes in the daily operations;
- Steer business- and data analysts to formulate requirements and user tests to improve data management tooling (MarkitEDM) and enabling change;
- Perform periodical reviews on valuation models via an internal review template;
- Support periodical in- and external audit cycles.
Your experience and skills
- Academic level with focus on Economics, Finance, Econometrics or Financial Mathematics;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in valuation;
- In-depth knowledge of financial instruments, particularly OTC derivatives and illiquid instruments;
- Expert in financial modeling and proficient in coding (VBA, C# and R);
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally.
- You are a team player with a strong drive to improve processes;
- You can dive into details without losing sight of the bigger picture;
- You have excellent communication skills and you have the ability to adjust your style to connect with all levels, from offshore operations to senior management;
- You like to be in the centre of the action and a dynamic environment brings out the best in you.
We offer you
- The opportunity to optimize the customer experience of an International Asset Manager;
- An entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them;
- A multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you and accelerate your career development;
- Modern working conditions that give room for individual choices.
Application & contact
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Elise Kapper, Senior Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0) 70 37 81 136.