The Performance & Analytics team:
- Provides multidisciplinary analysis capabilities to give an integrated view of business performance across Solvency II, IFRS and economic/value metrics;
- Delivers high quality in depth analysis including business challenge, both regular and ad-hoc;
- Supports key stakeholders such as the MB, CEO Insurance International, CEO Netherlands;
- Establishes a performance focused financial and business dialogue with business units;
- Provides analysis and business challenge to the plans of business units.
- Works closely together with the team of the Chief Actuary and with the Reporting Centre.
Check out the following vlog and meet your new colleagues!
Your main responsibilities
In this position you are responsible for providing business challenge and analysis to serve the objectives of the Performance and Analytics team. Your responsibilities include:
- Support the review and analysis of NN Group and business unit financial results from an integrated perspective covering IFRS, Solvency 2 and economic aspects
- Based on the analysis performed provide appropriate recommendations to senior management for decision making purposes
- Prepare regular (e.g. MPR, QPR, QBR) & ad-hoc financial analyses that are clear and relevant
- Proactively analyse internal and external developments which are relevant to our businesses and advise the team and management on these topics
- Oversee business planning process, advise on appropriate targets for business units and challenge business unit plans
- Act as the finance dialogue partner in regular and ad-hoc business unit reviews, where necessary
- Coach colleagues on producing business cases, analysing market trends, improving analysis
- Liaise and work with the Reporting Centre and the Chief Actuary to meet the objectives of the Performance and Analytics team
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in business units and head office
- Provide financial support to strategic projects
- Rigorous analytical mindset coupled with curiosity and a business partner orientation
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Solvency II and value dynamics knowledge, actuarial background
- Ability to connect diverse information/metrics to assess implications
- Good commercial knowledge of our businesses and the market context they operate in
- Comfortable in dealing with multiple stakeholders and being able to challenge them
- Comfortable in working on diverse matters in a “hands on” manner
- Fluent in oral and written English, Dutch or other relevant language skills a plus
- Prior experience with other companies a plus
- Preferably 7 years of relevant experience in an insurance and/or investment management environment
- Academic degree in actuarial area/finance (or related area requiring quantitative skills)
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
o A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication.
o Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself; craftsmanship and development are our top priority.
o The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client, the company and our business partners.
o Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
o The job is for 36 working hours a week and the location is Den Haag
o A position in job grade 12 with a salary, depending on knowledge and experience;
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Dennis Damoiseaux, Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org , of +31 6 82 999 606 .