You will be managing one of our business lines’ Liability Performance & Reporting teams.
These are recently created teams for our three Life business lines (Individual Life Services, Pension New Business and Pension Services) combining the reporting activities of the former Delta Lloyd and NN Life finance teams. Each team is responsible for all standardized IFRS and Market Value / SII liability reports and valuation activities for their respective business line.
Within the role a key challenge is to drive the change needed in the team given our rapidly changing environment due to for instance the integration of Delta Lloyd and NN businesses, strategic changes in the businesses requiring support in decision making and consequent adjustments in our financial reporting processes and implementation of new reporting requirements (like IFRS 17). Apart from the operational implementation of the changes themselves, another key priority is to support your team members to get ready for the upcoming changes and increase the business value of their financial reporting role for our organization given the necessity to become more efficient and effective.
You are responsible for:
- Making sure the team delivers on their reporting requirements, including:
- Regular production of IFRS and SII provisions, Movement Analyses, Margin Analysis, Rolling Forecast and other regular reports;
- Owning and maintaining a sound control framework;
- Data quality reporting;
- Financial Reporting Risk activities;
- Ad hoc impact calculations, for instance for DNB requests;
- Providing additional information (cash-flows), for instance at the request of other departments within Finance or Risk.
- Driving the changes within the team to react to and anticipate on changes in our environment driven by the integration of Delta Lloyd and NN processes, implement/support other changes such as IFRS 17 and new developments in the business line.
- Building a strong new team existing of (Dutch) colleagues coming from the former Delta Lloyd and NN Life reporting teams.
- Bring the best out of your team to deliver on our teams objectives in a rapidly changing environment while developing themselves to be ready for the (near) future and have fun in the work we are doing.
- Maintaining and improving the relationship of the team with the business and other Finance and Risk departments, both within NN Life and at NN Group. Key for success is the cooperation with the teams within “Finance Transformation”, which will support the implementation of IFRS 17 and other changes to our reporting processes.
- Experience as a manager or the ambition to step up to this leading role
- Be able to drive change
- Drive to help your team members to develop themselves
- Experience with cash flow driven liability reporting (SII) and preferably IFRS reporting processes
- Good communication skills
- Preferably academic education
In addition, your personal qualities play an important role. Key competences to be successful are collaboration, learning agility and ownership.
We offer you
The appreciation for our people is of course also reflected in our terms of employment, which can for a large part be tailored to your personal wishes. We offer you:
- All necessary means to help you develop as a manager.
- Job title: Managing Expert level 2, Haylevel 19.
- This is a job for 36 hours.
- The teams are located in Amsterdam, Ede and Rotterdam, depending on the business line.
- Job scale 12, salary dependent on knowledge and experience.
More information about our employment conditions can be found here.
Are you the one we are looking for for this position? Apply directly via the button under this vacancy. If you have questions or want more information about the function, please call Aris Vogelpoel (Pension New Business, 06-30854630), Gerard Peters (Individual Life Services, 06-29731554) or Jelle IJsselstijn (Pension Services, 06-11955681). For questions about the application procedure, recruiter Anouk Mastwijk can be reached on telephone number 070-513 1336. More information about our application procedure can be found here.